Ch 16: The Manor

Azrael pov:

"Why are you so bitchy?" Claudio bugged me, poking the side of my face to get a reaction.

"I'm not, now will you fuck off." I slap his hands away, making him laugh and slap back.

"Is it Amilia?" Damien asked, playing with a rubix cube on my couch.

"Maybe…" I mumbled, signing a paper to make the purchase of that car dealership I promised Amilia.

"Someone's whipped." Axe said quietly.

"I am not." I threw a pen at him. He caught it and grunted.

"Are too. You're like super into her Amiga." Claudio laughed, tossing himself on the couch with Damien. 

"I like what we have, it's simple." I shrugged him off.

"Is that why you're taking her to the  Manor? You don't take anyone you date there." Damien tossed the finished cube at me.

"I'm just sharing Damien, nothing more." I laughed, thinking of her face when seeing the place.

"Right?" He said sarcastically, dragging out the words and making me irritated.

I didn't want to show it but I was beyond excited to take amilia there, it was a place I enjoyed staying at. Hell it's where I hide out when police get nosey.

"Just don't fall in love." Damien laughed.

Love? As if.

"You think I'm in love with her?" I raised a brow, scoffing at my little brother.

"Maybe? You get weird around her, even weirder than-"

"Don't, say her name." I cut him off, shooting a death glare.

"Anyways, all I'm saying is that you're pretty into her even if it is just sex." He stood up, stretching his arms before leaving with Claudio on his trail.

"I don't act weird around her." I place my chin in my palm, looking at Axe.

"You've rejected Liliths and I's advances… you tend to not do that even in a relationship." He spoke up.

"It'd be rude. Plus that woman drains me." Huffing, I lean back in my chair, eyeing up the man.

"Still, it's never stopped you before." He cleared his throat and left the room.

"I'm not in love."

____________________

Pulling up outside Amilia's place I watch her come out with a bag on her shoulder, dressed in a nice skirt and turtleneck. She opens the back door and places her bag back with the boys, kissing each dog's head.

Coming to the front she plants a kiss on me and sits back, a small smile on her lips. I admired how she looked, long tan legs exposed, her hands perfectly manicured, her hair and makeup done just right. 

She looked beautiful as always, her hazel eyes landed on me and sent a shiver down my spine. She cups my chin and rubs her thumb over my lips gently.

"There, no smudges. Ready to go?" She buckles herself up and relaxes into the seat.

"Yeah… let's go." My voice is a little shaky. Driving off I find myself stuck in my own head, thinking about what Damien said.