Ch 54: Safety

Amilia pov:

2 weeks…

That's how long we were here for. Staying inside the chopshop, helping Damein keep things afloat while Azrael recovers. It was hard, she was hurt badly, I thought with her initial freak out she would hurt herself more.

It only got worse when Damien told her about their mother. She was silent for a long time. She didn't cry or say anything, she just held Damien while he wept. Soothing him till he could handle more burdens then needed.

It wasn't till he left did she react. Clutching herself and crying like a child. She cussed, thrashed, and screamed in anger at her mother's hospitalization. I held her the whole night, trying to bring peace into her quickly crumbling life.

After that night she didn't talk about it anymore. She didn't cry again, she didn't bring it up, she wouldn't even acknowledge her outburst. She snuck away to visit a couple times but mostly stayed here besides that.

2 weeks of her healing and suffering by herself even though I was at her side. She told me not to worry, to let her handle it. How am I supposed to do that? How am I supposed to sit by and watch her slowly fall apart?

We were dismissed from the chopshop 2 days ago. Since then we've cut contact with the others, it was decided that the best option was for everyone to hide out. If no one knew where the others were or what they were doing it would help keep everything under wraps.

Lily, Rose, and Cluadio stayed together. It wouldn't normally be groups of three but with Claudio still in his coma it didn't really count. Emily stayed with Axe, he promised to keep her safe and well hidden. That left Damien with Jeremy, they seemed like a great pair to stay hidden together.

Everything had gotten so hectic again it was hard to try and lay low. I hated not knowing if my friends were okay, Jeremy and Emily of course. Maybe Damien too. It sucked even more when Azrael had become hyper focused on becoming well again.

Her days mostly consisted of eating, sleeping, reading, and working out. I would normally be fine with it if she didn't still have bruised ribs and freshly removed stitches. She was pushing herself too hard and I was afraid she might break.

We stayed in a safe house that no one knew, just like the others. It had everything we needed plus more to keep us entertained while we lay low. All the news seemed to play was things about Azrael and her family, her mother in the hospital and Azrael stepping away from the company while it's being rebuilt as she heals 

It only stressed me out more to see it talking about her. Shutting the TV off I get up to go look for said woman. Going to the back of the house I hear a chain thudding and grunting the closer I get. Opening the door I see her working out, thoroughly breaking a sweat.

She was doing pull-ups with some weights hanging on her waist. I was momentarily shocked at her physic. How could she lay in bed for two weeks and be near death all while still looking this way? She looked like she was made of marble.

Her muscles contorted as she pulled herself up easily with a grunt. Noticing me through the mirror on the wall she dropped down and turned to me. She took out her earbuds and walked with the weight still hanging in her waist.

"Hey babe, you need something?" She was a little out of breath but I was more focused on her abs moving with her breathing.

"Y-you shouldn't be working out, you might hurt yourself." I marvel at the scars littering her body, even the little trail of hair on her navel had me focused.