Ch 22: What's To Come

Amilia pov:

I'm not a very sentimental person. I think the most sentimental thing I've done is spend that day with Azrael in her library. Outside of that I've never really done things that are considered nice or gentle.

Somehow being with Az has softened me, it's made me appreciate the small things. The days I spend teasing her, the nights of passion, even early mornings of us just laying down and whispering to each other. I can tell she's obsessed with me, at least if her constant smoldering gaze on me has proof to it.

I didn't notice at first but, she watches me, not in a creepy way, more so of an admiration type of way. Her eyes follow me as I walk rooms, her gaze held on me permanently. I had no complaints, I love her eyes, they were just the right amount of cold.

I guess that's why my decision on what to do is so hard. I could tell her but that would cause trouble for her and I and I'm just not willing to take that risk. Complying would solely hurt her. Giving away secrets of her business is something I won't do.

The only option is to leave…

I don't want to. Being here, with her, it's the happiest I've been in my own damn miserable life. She makes life so bright and exciting. She's also the only person to have ever put up with me.

So I won't torture her this once and do the right thing. I'll leave. I'll make sure to spend my remaining month loving her till I have to go. I'll give myself a week to escape before I'm caught.

It's a shame… almost year I've spent with this woman. Almost a year of nothing but kind and loving memories I'll carry with me till I'm dead. I don't think I'll ever love someone like I love Azrael Whitlock.

My tears fell as I laid on my side, the silk covers resting on me. I watch the sun glimmer into the room and cast onto her beautiful skin. Everything about her is angelic in this moment.

Reaching out I brush some of the messy locks out of her face. She stirs lightly, her eyes fluttering open for me to see. I grew to love the color more than words could describe.

"Why are you crying?" Her hand cups my cheek gently, brushing the stray tears away. 

"Eyelash in my eye." I lied terribly. She chuckled and moved her hand to my hip. Pulling me closer she had me basically lay on top of her.

"You're bad at lying." Her accent is thick in the morning. Pinching her side made her jolt and give a husky laugh.

"Shut up Azy." I giggle, feeling her hand rub circles on my back.

"Yes ma'am." She held me with no rush. Her embrace is warm and comforting, ever soothing my aching soul.

"I was thinking with our anniversary coming up we'd do something special. It'll be a little early but im just so excited." She ran her fingers through my hair, massaging my scalp the way I liked. 

I'll be gone by then…

"What are you thinking?" Resting my chin on her chest I catch her gaze. She smiles and holds my waist tenderly.

"A very nice dinner, maybe take another trip out to my Manor after? Just you and me for a week, away from the city and everyone else." She wiggled her brows at me. My heart clenched to hear her ideas.

I'm so sorry Azy…

"Sounds perfect." I kiss her slowly. Returning it she pulls away with a smile.