Part 28🔞🫣

Tomorrow morning, when I woke up, Haru had already left since he had plans with some rich kids.

I opened my eyes and stared at the empty space on the bed. I sighed and got out of bed, but I didn't have anything to do. I still felt empty inside my heart.

I stepped onto the terrace to get some fresh air and stared at the city view, grasping the balustrade. I tried to take a deep breath, but nothing seemed to fill the void inside me.

I don't know why, but seeing that everyone has been busy living their lives at that time while I'm standing there alone and doing nothing makes me feel even more worthless.

All I could think about was when would Haru come back home...

Tears began to swell in my eyes. I clutched my chest and tried to control my feelings.
I guess that's all I deserve in this shallow life...

                            ~

I decided to go out and get some painting tools and books to entertain myself like the old days.

So I opened the door and walked down the street after getting dressed. The weather was getting warmer as the summer had begun. I've always hated the sun, but that day, I liked the way I could feel the warmth on my skin when I headed out of that cold house. It made me feel less lonely.

I walked to a nearby shopping mall, which was 30 minutes away from home, and entered the stationery shop first. I picked up some painting tools, including a few paintbrushes, a few tubes of paint, and canvases, getting immersed in various colourful items. I also got some sketching pencils and paper pads. After taking a few minutes to admire the cute art supplies, I made my way to the checkout counter and paid for my items.

Afterwards, I headed to the bookstore to buy some new interesting novels that I saw on social media. I took my time browsing around the bookshelves and eventually picked out a few books that I thought I would like.

As I paid and walked out of there, I realized that I'd been there for a few hours and it was already afternoon!...

                                ~

When I returned home, I put my tools and books in my room, took a shower, and started to cook something since I hadn't had lunch yet. Then I heard the front door open. As I took a peek and saw Haru coming in, I asked, "How come you're back so soon?"

Haru stared at me for a moment and replied, "I parted my way after lunch..." He walked to the kitchen and hugged me from behind, "You're cooking now?..."

+"mhm~... " I nodded...

-"What have you been doing that you haven't eaten at this hour?..."

+"I stepped out for a while..."

-"Hm~..." He pulled back and opened the refrigerator's door to pick up a bottle of water.

While he was drinking and observing the house, then he asked, "Have you met someone or just shopping?..."

I replied, "Who could I have seen when I have no one~... Of course, I just bought the thingsss~..." I paused for a minute. He mentioned "shopping"?!...

-"If you needed something, you could've asked me to buy it for you on my way home... also I told you to use the credit card I gave you..."

I flinched as he said this.

+"But I didn't mention anything about buying something at first... How did you know?!..."

His eyes got widened, and he answered awkwardly, "Ah~... I just guessed it... It's either of these two options whenever you go out, meeting someone or buying something..."