Part 13

It was pretty early in the morning, and the outside was still dark, but I woke up feeling someone looking at me. I opened my eyes and saw Haru sitting on the bed next to me, crossing his legs and staring at me in silence. Our eyes met, and I said, "Why are you staring at me?... what time is it?..."

There was so much sadness and angst in his gaze that it was impossible to read how many things were going on. He replied calmly, "It's still early to wake up... Get back to sleep..."

I asked, "Why don't you sleep? Are you okay?..."

I raised my hand toward his face, but he grasped it in the middle and said, "I'm alright, just not sleepy..." He covered my eyes with his other hand. "Sleep more... I'll wake you up..."...

+"Haru!..."

-"Hush~" I felt a kiss on the back of my hand, which made my heart skip a beat. I got flustered and quiet.

It felt indeed strange. Did I overreact last night?!
Maybe I hurt his feelings...
Why would Haru stare at me like that while I'm asleep?
Why would he kiss my hand?
He didn't even let me ask...

~

As our day started, we acted like nothing had happened, and also we didn't talk much either...
I was worried and upset at the same time.

When our busy work hours were done... Haru gave me a ride to my home, and before I got off, he said," I'm going on a business trip tomorrow morning for a few days."

+"Shouldn't I company you?..."

-"No need, I'm travelling with Lee Sora... you should stay in the office..."

+"Okay... then see you next week..."

I was about to leave, but Haru grasped my arm and pulled me towards himself.
Then, he held my head in his other hand and bit my neck hard...
As I panicked, I put my hand on it and said, "hey~~~... what are you doing?... this is going to leave a bruise!!!..."

-"This is my insurance as your master that you won't cheat on me... now leave..."

I was pissed off and said, "What am I?... Your pet?... Why don't you put a collar on me then?..."

He chuckled and replied, "Not a bad idea!..."

I said, "Woah!... You're so shameless!..." and got out of the car...

I headed home afterwards, lying down on my bed and staring at the ceiling...
I started to question my whole existence...

Have I always been a pushover?!...
Why do I let him do whatever he wants?
Is it because I feel I owe him since he helped me a lot?... Or do I really like him?
He's becoming more possessive as time passes...
He won't let me go home or be alone...
He gets mad whenever it's about Taemin...
He's even touching me more than before...
Shouldn't these things be for lovers?...
Is this a normal behaviour toward your friend?...

But I can't even claim us as friends!...

If it was normal, there hadn't been rumours about me being his lover or sex-partner...
The fact that I can't define our relationship makes me bewildered...

~

5 days passed. I was at home, watching a movie with my parents, when our doorbell rang...

As I opened the door, I saw Haru standing there with a gift paper bag and a bouquet of red roses...

He hugged me and said, "Have you been well?... I missed you..."

I took a step back and said, "When did you come back?... what are these?..."

- "A few hours ago, these were for you~~"