Part 7

Since Shiwoo's wedding was in the city where her wife was born and it was pretty far from XX city, we had to stay the night there and go back tomorrow morning...
Shiwoo had reserved random rooms for his close acquaintances, so Haru and I got one of those rooms to stay in, too...
When we entered the room there was only one double bed...

I wasn't feeling well already, but sharing a bed with him made it even more frustrating since I wasn't comfortable being around Haru. Why would Shiwoo not reserve rooms with single beds?... Maybe it was because the majority of guests were couples... Still, if I had known, I would've reserved a room in advance for myself before coming here to avoid this situation...

On the other hand, Haru was so happy we could sleep next to each other. His clueless nature was another level since he was tipsy from wine.
He even asked me while smiling brightly with his red cheeks, "Let's take a shower together like old times at school... I wanna see how your body has changed~... You were cute then~... haha~..."
The only reaction I could give him at that moment was to stand there and glare at him until he realised he should have taken a shower first...

I laid down on the bed after showering, turned my back on him, and tried to sleep...
On the other hand, Haru was on the phone with his girlfriend. I could hear him talking tenderly to her and having their own sweet moments on the phone. That was when I realized he really is serious about her from the tone of his voice.

I felt lonely as I remembered I wouldn't ever have Haru by my side again. We had already drifted apart as these years passed without seeing each other. I knew that he would eventually marry sooner or later like everyone else, but the time you'd face reality is kind of bitterly harsh. Do all people get depressed when their best friend gets married?... Feeling like they got kidnapped by some stranger?!...

Because I had felt that way with all my heart at that moment... I didn't want to lose him...
My heart throbbed as I thought about it.
I looked outside the window and saw the stars shining like usual as if there was nothing wrong there. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply...

When Haru hung up a few minutes later, he reached towards me and whispered, "Are you sleeping, Myung?..."...
I was too tired to respond. My mouth wouldn't open like it was locked... His gentle strokes moved to my hair, then he cuddled me from behind, murmuring, "I've missed this feeling..."...
He fell asleep in a minute... I could feel his heavy and slow breath behind my neck...
Slowly, I stroked the arm that was around me. I could feel his warm body against mine. His grip around me tightened as his breathing deepened. I murmured in an undertone, "Me too."

My heart was heavy.
I felt like crying, but as always, there were no tears...
Back then, I had an urge to turn around, put my head on his chest, and cry till morning... then he'd comfort me while saying, "Everything is going to be OK..."...
But these kinda things are too luxurious for me...
I shouldn't be greedy...
I can't bother others because of my own struggles...
While I was thinking, eventually I fell asleep too...

As I opened my eyes tomorrow morning, I discovered Haru was awake already, sitting on the edge of the bed wearing his robe and calling for service. After he hung up, he turned around towards me, "You're awake?..."
I muttered, "Yeah~... Morning~..."
He softly smiled and said, "You're still so sleepy, aren't you?". He then got up and walked over to the window, opening the curtains to let in the morning light.
"Waaaah~~~... No light!... please~..." I grumbled as I buried myself under the blanket. He chuckled, "Breakfast is on the way!... Aren't you hungry?.... Because I'm starving!..." He walked back to the bed and put his weight on my blanket while holding me.
I moaned, "You're heavy!!! Go away~... let me be~..."
"Nope... You have to wake up!..." He answered teasingly.

The room service had already rung the bell while we struggled in bed. After Haru received our breakfast, I finally groaned, yawning and stretching my body to get out of bed.