Part 16

For a week, I felt blue. I had no energy at all. I couldn't answer his mother's text... what should I have said?...

                                 ~

At work, I kept making mistakes that I shouldn't because my mind was blank.

In the end, Lee Sora called me to her office, and she humiliated me. However, she pleased.
She also mentioned that because of my mistakes, she wouldn't hire me full-time yet.

When she vented her anger on me, I didn't say a word... just before leaving the office, I apologized to her. Then she mumbled, "Nothing more could be expected from a mistress..."...

I pretended I hadn't heard it and left the room silent. I ran to the bathroom immediately, trying to catch my breath. I splashed cold water on my face, looking at myself in the mirror, trying to process what I had heard. I felt my heart racing and my face getting hot out of frustration.

                                  ~

During our rest time, I was standing while drinking my coffee in the resting area to cool myself down a bit. Then, someone from the marketing team approached me and started talking to me. As we were chatting, Haru appeared around the corner. He glared at me and asked, "Have you prepared the things I mentioned for the upcoming meeting?..."

"Ah, yes!" I answered.

"Did you print the necessary documents?" Haru asked me again while he turned his glare at the one standing beside me as if he was signalling him to buzz off, so he just ran off.

I said, "I did. What are you trying to do?"

-"Do what?"

+"You just wanted to disturb us? Didn't you?"

-" Maybe... What were you two talking about?!"

+"Nothing special!..."

As he moved towards me, I backed away, and we went on until the wall reached my back. Then he leaned his left hand on the wall beside me and said, "What's gotten into you?... You've always avoided people, but nowadays you hang out with them... Especially that guy..."

I replied calmly, "You told me once I should learn how to communicate with people. So what's wrong with it?"

Haru groaned, "I didn't mean you could fool around... or slack off!!..."

I clenched my fists and said bitterly, "What?!... Do you think I'm a whore as your mom or Lee Sora does?..."

He grasped my face fiercely, "That's not what I meant!... I'm telling you to focus on your work and don't mess up!... They don't approach you with good intentions. You should be aware of that!"

My voice trailed off as I whimpered, "Give me a damn rest! All of you~..." I sobbed as I was whipping my tears. "I know~... I'm impotent~... But I'm only trying to hold on~..."

He sighed and loosened his grip as he remained silent. Then he turned away, walked to the door and said, "Let's go back to work."

I slid down to the floor, trying to hold back my emotions. After I got myself back together, I stood up and headed to the meeting room.

                                  ~

Since that time, I've been on eggshells around Haru because he had been extremely sensitive during the times that his parents stayed at his home. He kept scolding me so many times and getting angry at me for the stupidest things. And the only thing I could do was bear with it.

The situation was getting tense...

I could feel we both were drained by the intensity of the situation and the stress of having his parents around, plus tough situations at work...