Part 19

Those days, as we were getting closer and spending 24/7 beside each other, we were reaching a dangerous point...

Having a soft spot for him since that day, I was becoming more submissive as he became more dominant...
I felt as though I was an obedient pet for him and doing everything he wanted...

Wearing everything he liked...
Giving him the power to make decisions for me... 
Whenever I listened to him, he would've praised me...
Whenever I didn't do the things he asked, he scolded me...
I even got into a fight with Taemin a few times because of Haru's interruptions...
My parents were upset with me because I hadn't put in enough time to be with them...
I don't know how,  but eventually,  we got tangled in a strange situation...

                                   ~

Have you ever had that experience when you are attached to someone and getting too much close to them will cause a split?!...

Like the times that you should know when you are supposed to put your feet on the break to avoid an accident while driving...

Life is about being aware of how you should keep balance in your relationships...
It's important to have an awareness of when to take a step back and when to step forward.

It's a delicate balance of understanding that if you push too hard, it could create a distance you can't close.
If you don't push hard enough, you might miss out on something important.

I felt like I was under too much pressure from Haru, which suffocated me, but I tried to cope with him and his environment as much as I could in order to please him...
However, it wasn't enough for him...

                                   ~

One night, Haru had an argument with his parents over money issues.

I was waiting for him at his place, and as he entered the house, he went straight to pick up some alcohol and started drinking nonstop.

I walked to him, grabbed his hand, and said, "Hey?!... What are you doing?!... We have to work tomorrow!"
Haru pushed my hand off and groaned, "I'm in a shitty mood... leave me alone!..."
He poured a drink and slid it in front of me. "Drink or just go to bed..."

I took the drink and sipped it, despite I didn't like the bitterness of the taste, then I asked, "Tell me, what's wrong?..."

He took another shot and answered, "My parents stole 500K from me..."

"Whaaaaat?!... How?!..." I shouted as I was shocked.

-"There was a time that my own bank account had some issues, so I transferred my money into my mom's account for a while, and now they refuse to give it back... transferred it into some investment programs..."

I was speechless as my jaw dropped...

He continued, "You know what's funny?!... They've never cared about me, nor done a simple favour to me, always tried to get advantage of me or interfere in my life, and now they've claimed that the money belongs to them as my parents because they raised me for about 20 fucking years!... "
Haru chuckled anxiously and rubbed his face." Myung... You know about my past... They didn't even bother themselves to give me pocket money when I was a kid in the age that I couldn't even work part-time... and you were the one who helped me at that time... "
He looked at me with sorrow, " Now they say, they're my parents!... Haha~... because of money~..."

I could feel how heartbroken Haru was, and my heart was in pain watching him like that.
As I was lost in words, I just hugged him tightly and stroked his hair with my hand gently. He broke into tears and held me close. I finally said, "I'm sorry that I can't do anything to help you except hold you in my arms." He pulled away and looked into my eyes, his own still glimmering with tears. He said, "You've done more than enough." I smiled, knowing that this moment was enough to give him some comfort.