Part 6

Tomorrow I headed to watch their match as I promised him when the time had come. I took a seat, and my eyes started looking for Haru on the field. As my eyes found him, he was waving his hand happily for me already. I waved awkwardly and pulled out my sketchbook with the pencil case out of my bag. I've been drawing from the scenery while watching their play. I could hear the girls cheering and calling Haru like ten meters away from me, which was annoying me somehow as Haru kept responding to them.

The play was breathtaking and more amusing than I expected.
As soon as the match was over, Haru walked up the stairs and sat beside me while he was panting hard, and sweat was dripping from his bashful face. "Have you seen we won?...hehe~...How was I?..."

+"Yeah~... Good job..." I replied like usual...

He stared at me for a while, "Why are your reactions mostly deadpan?"

+"How should I react then?..."

-"huh?... I don't know!... More excitedly?..."

+"But I am excited now..."

He observed me again with his eyes and sighed. "You're always expressionless, so it's difficult to tell the difference..."
With a thumbs up, I said, "You've done wellllllll~... Are you satisfied now?..."
He just stared at me, disappointed, and then burst into a laugh, "What's wrong with you seriously?!... hahaha"

While we're talking, three of the girls from earlier appeared in front of us with some snacks in their hands. Then one of them said cutely, "Haru Sunbae*, we enjoyed the match~~... you played very well~~..." Then they handed over the snack to Haru and ran away out of shyness.
He responded loudly, "Thank youuuu all~~~..."
Haru then turned to me and said, "Have you seen it?!~.. You should also be like that!~..."
I continued to sketch and replied, "If that's what you want, then you're free to hang out with them instead of me..."
He suddenly hugged me, "Nah~... I just need my exclusive robot~... hehe~..."
I stared draggers at him, and he released me.

Then he snatched my sketchbook out of my hand as he noticed it, "What's this?..." and started to flip the pages, "Wow!!!..." I tried to grab it back, but he held it tight. He examined every page, commenting on my drawings.

-"Myung!... You're truly an artist!... Look at these portrayed faces!..."

+"Give it back!..."

-"What did you use to color these?" It doesn't look like colored pencils!..."

+"It's make-up products~..." I answered shyly.

-"Oh!... You're smart!... It's really cool... How did you get this idea?..."

+"You're overreacting... It's just that I like this kind of stuff~..." I pulled out my sketchbook out of his hands and closed it nervously.

I've never shown my drawings to anyone, nor talked about them because I've felt insecure about them. Because of what I like, I'm always afraid of being humiliated or mocked...
I'm into art, design, make-up, creative ideas, and new things...
I don't like boring stuff that repeats itself every time...
As I was absorbed in my thoughts again, Haru said," Myung, I've never seen someone as talented as you in my whole life... It's truly amazing, and I'm not overreacting!..."
I mumbled, "It's just you who thinks like this about me~..." and continued in a more clear tone, "Let's go get something to eat... I'm hungry~..."

~

A few months passed, and since Haru's birthday is on 21st Sept, we decided to go on a picnic with Shiwoo and some other kids, and their girlfriends tagged along...
We packed our lunch with some snacks and also the birthday cake...
We played card games and badminton until we got hungry, so we had lunch after that...
The weather was still hot, but thanks to our ice pack, the cake's cream didn't melt and was eatable... We all enjoyed the cake, it was delicious.
It was such a fun day... We did so many stupid things... and laughed a lot... until sunset...