Part 26

As time went on, things changed slowly after living together, but not positively.

It started with Shiwoo texting me one day, saying I talked shit behind his back, and then he blocked me right after.
He didn't even let me ask what was wrong. I was dumbfounded for days, wondering why he would do that so suddenly and end our friendship like that.

However, a while later, things got shabby and more suspicious.

I lost all my contact with friends at my previous part-time job, including Sojun, since Haru had gone to my workplace and threatened to no longer contact me anymore.
They removed me from the group message chat and blocked me after telling me what had happened.
I assumed that the incident with Sojun may have caused him to do this, so I let it be.

However, it didn't end there...

                                  ~

The last one was Taemin. He didn't respond to my calls or texts for almost two weeks, which was really frustrating to see him avoiding me so obviously. So, I decided to find and confront Taemin by myself.
I called his name after I spotted him on the street near his workplace with his colleagues.

Taemin turned back as he heard my voice and asked anxiously, "Huh!... Myung~... What are you doing here?!~..."

I was totally annoyed and frowned at my eyebrows, then answered, "I came to find you!..."

Taemin said goodbye to his colleagues, bewildered, and put his arm around my shoulder, taking me away.

We walked to a coffee shop for a talk. As we sat down, I asked Taemin, "What's wrong? I was worried about you!..."

- "Myung, can't you just end things with Haru?..." He replied frustratingly.

+"ha?... You know I can't do that... Why?..." I wondered.

-"But you don't have to stay with him just because you owe him money..."

+"He just helped me that day because of the promise I gave him... But what does Haru have to do with my question?... Don't tell me he came to you again?..." There was a sudden feeling of nervousness within me.

-"He did, actually~... he warned me not to get in contact with you anymore... " He hesitated for a moment and continued, "I won't tell you the details because I don't want to upset you... simply he doesn't want me to be around you... "

As I contemplated this, I realized that all these unexpected events could not be a simple thing. They all seemed to be related to each other, and the reason was as clear as day. Haru started to change things the way he has always wanted.

+"I'm sorry~... It's all my fault you got in trouble~... " I muttered.

-"It's okay, but I'm worried about you... Don't just put up with his demands... I can see he's obsessed with you... " He patted my back slightly.

+"Taemin, He won't let me leave him... All I can do is wait until he gets tired of me by time... struggling in this relationship is like sinking in mud, which will only make you sink faster... "

My heart throbbed as I thought about my pitiful situation.

Then I added while my head was down out of embarrassment, "Also, I still~~ like~~~... Him... I know there's no hope in this relationship, but still, I want to cherish it until we're together, so I wouldn't have any regrets later..."

-"You!..." He paused and couldn't say anything anymore.

I could feel what he wanted to say, though. From his point of view, I'm just a crazy person.