Chapter 11, There going on a trip. . . P.T. 2

After Chiron told us the basics of 'Do you have everything?' to 'Don't die, and return safely.' You know the normal. After we got everything settled, Reyna, Hazel, Jason and I soon got on the pegasi.

"Yo boss!" Black Jack's voice rang through my head.

"I told you not to call me that." I replied softly while getting on his back.

"Whatever Boss, anyway where we goin'?"

I rolled my eyes and made sure I had everything with me before replying.

"We are going to Split, Croatia. To save a. . .Friend of mine."

"You hesitated."

"I did not."

"Did too. Anyway, who is this friend?"

"Nico Di Angelo, Hazel's brother. Now are we gonna get going? We have 3 days to save him."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, Shush, We can go."

I nodded and looked at the rest of the group, they were all waiting to go.

I nodded at them and Black Jack took the lead. We flew into the sky, all the way to Croatia.

+_*_+

On our way to Split, we stopped about 10-15 times. Usually to get some donuts for the Pegasi, and some for us. We would usually take a little cat nap, eat, and use the restroom. All in all it wasn't a bad trip.

Except for the fact that the only reason we were on this 'trip', was to save Nico.

We were finally in Split, when we realized that there wasn't a single person or monster to be seen. Getting off BlackJack, I told him to stay and rest for a bit.
Sure Boss! Hey, Could we go get some donuts?
"But we just ate."
Your point?
I rolled my eyes, "Later, Alright?"
Alright!!
I rolled my eyes again and went to meet up the group. Reyna was looking around the empty city with narrowed eyes.
"Isn't this tourist season?" She asked.
"Yeah. . ." Jason answered.
We started heading towards a far away field that Jason said belonged to Cupid. When we got closer a big shadow crossed the plains, and we all looked up to see a huge gryphon, flying above us. It just stayed up there looking at us. . .
"Um, are Gryphons suppos-" Hazel started to say, but was interrupted by the Gryphon screeching. We all jumped in surprise, then we took out our weapons and went into a fighters position. The gryphon came swooping from the sky's and flew at Hazel and Jason, They hit the decks and the gryphon came flying towards me and Reyna.

Reyna whistled and Aurum and Argentum came out of some shadows and kneeled next to Reyna. The gryphon flew towards me and I brought out Riptide and blocked his attack. Which was head butting. Very weird for a hybrid who had different body parts that could rip you to shreds; but decided on just to head butt you. Really?

I pushed him back and he flew up a foot until Romulus and Remus bit onto it's feet and dragged it down. The gryphon wiggled out of their hold and flew backwards, towards Jason and Hazel. Jason stabbed his sword into the gryphon left wing while Hazel stabbed its right. Reyna jogged to the hurt beast and cut off its head. The head rolled around on the floor while the wound was dripping gold dust. It then vanished, along with the body.

"Sea, that wasn't so hard," I said.
Hazel looked at me,"You only blocked its attack. . .Did you just use a sea pun?
I smiled,"Maybe."
Jason smiled and Reyna sighed. I looked around and saw that there wasn't any damage in my team mates, I also noticed that Aurum and Argentum disappeared.
"So, what next?" Jason said as he flipped his sword.
"Um. . .I don't really know."
We all looked around the field for any clues that could lead us to Nico.
"What is that?"
I moved my attention to Reyna, who was pointing at a box.