31

Expectation is the root of all heartache

"Good morning" Y/n greeted Aria as soon as she entered her room. "Morning" she placed fruits and medicine on the side table. "How are you feeling now?" she grabbed chair and sat beside her bed. "I am better now" she grabbed her bag and pulled out can of juice. "Ezra told me to keep you on fluids diet for two weeks then we can change the diet"

"I brought your favourite juice" she passed the juice can to her. "Thank you" she smiled sipping on the juice. "So tell me what I have missed" Y/n shrugged thinking about it. "Nothing much I guess. Company is going stable and Leon is almost five now. He is going to play school" she opened her phone and showed her all the photos of Leon. "He seemed really energetic yesterday" Y/n felt bad seeing the longing on her face. "I am sorry"

"If it wasn't for me he would have called you mom" when Leon woke up he called Y/n mom and he thought Aria is her friend. They couldn't tell him the truth as he is too young to understand. Aria didn't mind that but anyone can tell how it hurt her. "Y/n I asked you to do this for me. I can't get mad at you when you loved him more than me"

"I am sure we will sort out everything like we always do" Aria held Y/n hands and assured her. "Yes we will" she got to give Aria a hug. "When am I going to be discharged?" Y/n chuckled at her whining. "I need to check with Ezra about that" she sighed falling back on bed. "I can't wait to go home" Y/n stopped walking when she heard her. "Y/n" Aria tone held a warning which made her turn around. "You are taking me home right?"

"You can't go home Aria" she sighed sitting on the bed beside her. "What do you mean?" she frowned not understanding. "What is the problem? I am recovering and soon I will be healthy to travel back" she didn't tell Aria about Evan yet. Ezra said not to stress her so they all decided to lie to her about it. She was hoping to avoid this conversation for a while and before she had to answer her she would be done with Evan but her plan backfired.

"Are you hiding anything from me?" Y/n shook her head smiling. "I am not hiding anything. Stop being paranoid" she flicked her forehead trying to act normal. "I will check with Ezra about your reports" she told her before walking out of her room.

She rushed out of the floor and walked to the garden back side of hospital. "Y/n?" she looked up and saw Ezra. "Hey" she smiled waving to him. "What are you doing here?" he sat beside her on the bench. "Aria wants to go back home" she do want to share her burdens with her but she can't do that. First she has to make sure Aria recovers completely. "I will manage her. How long will you need before you take her home?"

"I don't know. It might take a month or more" she leaned on the bench closing her eyes. "If everything goes well then I can tell her the truth" he patted her shoulder. "I will keep her here for two weeks then shift her to my home" she opened her eyes and looked at him. "I am her doctor and friend so I can manage her for a month"

"Go and do your work" he pushed her a little playfully. "I am going for rounds so I will tell her about discharge procedure" she smiled in relief. "Thank you"

She got up and walked out after Ezra went inside. She got in her car and dialled Hoseok number. "Hey Y/n" he answered her on second ring. "Found anything?" she placed her back and buckled her seatbelt. She was planning to go to Ezra house and work on bidding documents.

"Grace met Lucas last week two times though we are not sure why" she placed her phone on speaker and began driving. "What about Ethan?" she can't doubt Mr. Miller as he has no reason to betray her or Ian. "He is clear of suspicions. He just comes to office and stays at home so I think he is not a threat"

"Shall I ask Grace about her meeting with Lucas?" she shook her head. "Don't. I think I have an idea what to do" she turned around right and stopped the car. "Are you free now?" he said yes and she asked him to video call her. She settled down and set up her work station before calling Hoseok.

"Hey" Hoseok smiled once the screen lit. "Are you in my office?" she asked him looking at his back ground. "Yes. I thought we can discuss about these too" he gestured showing her a file. "Is that collaboration file of our companies?" he nodded his head opening it. "I kept the conditions as you said. He has to pay double of project value if he fails to meet our deadlines" he sent a copy to me so I read the complete file. "Did we get his sign on it?"

"Yup" she grinned knowing they got him. "Make sure he can't complete the construction in given time" she is sure Lucas missed the point which she added later. "Also increase the budget for the bidding" Hoseok looked at her confused. "This project is worth only 50% of the bid amount"

"Make it 120%" Hoseok looked at her baffled. "Have you gone mad?" she smirked at him. "I know what I am doing. Just do it" she is going to crumble them to ground in the next few days. Before Hoseok can ask her anything doorbell rang signalling someone came. "I will call you later" she hung up the call and closed the laptop.

"What are you doing here?" she was shocked when she saw the person standing in front of her. 

Author Note:

Hello readers... I am going to update weekly twice from now on. Hope you enjoy reading it.

Don't forget to vote while reading and comment

♥♥SN_Angel♥♥