Chapter 113

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Nothing has been the same, Kiara has not been the same, therefore my family has been...broken. Kiara left us for the Malfoys with no goodbye or letter. Christopher and I have tried reaching out multiple times but stopped when we received no answer to any letters. When Lucius was sentenced to Azkaban I tried to reach out again, my answer was a letter telling me that she is safe and to not contact her again as long as I am friends with Harry. Also calling me a fake pureblood for siding with people as unpure as my friends. Christopher has been inconsolable, rightfully so. He just lost his other half, his best friend, his twin sister. He only really talks to Ginny these days, they have been very close and publicly announced their relationship. Now more than ever, I'm questioning if that really was her. I want to believe she is not a Death Eater, but the evidence is clear. I never thought I would lose one of the twins too. I have not been getting much sleep and to my dismay, Ginny points out how horrible I look at any chance she can. Christopher and I have been staying at the Burrow, our mansion feeling too empty with just the two of us.

Back to the present, I hear a bunch of commotion downstairs. I already got ready for the day hours ago since I could not sleep from nightmares. I walk down the steps finding everyone crowding Harry and bombarding him with hugs and greetings.

"Merlin, give the man some space." I say with a tired smirk.

"Y/n!" Harry exclaims, running over and hugging me with a blush.

I chuckle and hug him back with some redness on my own face, kissing his cheek and heading back upstairs to brood more and go over this year's school material.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

The whole gang, Hermione, Harry, Ron, and I, sit in the attic together, a makeshift fire roaring beside us.

"When'd you get here?" Harry asks Hermione, knowing that Ron and I have been here all Summer.

Hermione answers hesitantly, "A few days ago. Though...for a bit, I wasn't sure I was coming."

Harry looks up and sees Hermione glancing at Ron.

"Mum sort of lost it last week. Said Ginny and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. That it's too dangerous." Ron explains to Harry.

"Oh, come on." Harry whines.

Hermione chines in, "She's not alone. Even my parents, and they're Muggles, know something bad is happening."

"I was not sure if the twins were to go this year as well... Not twins, uh, just Christopher I mean." I state honestly, correcting myself when I remember Kiara is not under my care anymore.

Harry looks at me sadly and I shrug slightly, brushing off my deep feelings of betrayal and anguish.

Ron continues his story, "Anyway, Dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy. Took a day or two, but she came around."

"But we're talking about Hogwarts. Dumbledore. What could be safer?" Harry questions us.

I cringe slightly and stay quiet, letting someone else break the news.