Chapter 39

almost forty chapters and i still havent finished book 2💀 and almost all of these chapters have been over a thousand words fml🤦

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

We put back on the InvisibilityCcloak, creeping up the stairwell, and into the corridor all of the professors are in. The wall is desecrated and a message in blood shows, stating that a student was taken captive into the Chamber of Secrets. The first thought that comes into my mind is to ask Kiara about this, although I do not know what good that would do. I just have this burning feeling that I have to.

McGonagall takes initiative quickly, "As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster. Into the Chamber itself. I'm afraid we shall have to send students home. I'm afraid...this is the end of Hogwarts."

The professors all react with shock and concern for the student and the loss of Hogwarts. My only question is who was taken? If they have not been petrified or killed then it must be a half or pure blooded student.

Lockhart bursts into the somber and solemn room, completely oblivious to social cues as always, he extravagantly announces, "So sorry. Dozed off. What have I missed?"

Snape gets a mischievous yet vicious looking smile and tells Lockhart in a way that makes you think he's complimenting you but it sounds as like an insult, "Just the man. A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last."

"My m-moment?" Lockhart's face pales as he stutters this out.

Snape feigns surprise and confusion as he asks, "Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?"

"D-Did I? I don't recall..." Lockhart states trying to find a good excuse.

"That settles it. We'll leave it to you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legendary." McGonagall commands sealing Lockhart's fate and incoming doom.

It seems his lies are catching up to him.

"V-Very well. I'll-I'll be in my office, getting-getting ready." He stiffens and mumbles out, lacking his normal bravado and confidence.

McGonagall nods and Lockhart stumbles off stunned.

She then turns to everyone else and states, "The rest of us should go and inform the students what has happened."

Madam Sprout pipes up and questions her, "Who is it the monster's taken, Minerva?"

It comes to me then, who was most likely taken. For they are the one who has been acting strangely and has been Tom Riddle's puppet.

McGonagall answers in time with me whispering the same thing, "Ginny Weasley."

Ron's knees give away and Harry catches him. Harry turns to me looking wary. Most likely questioning how I knew.

"She is the only one it could be. There were so many instances where she proved this. I mean did you see the way she fled when seeing you with the diary, or how she has been avoiding everyone even her best friend, Kiara? She has been wary of us and elusive to everyone. Anyone with eyes and wit could see that she's a top suspect." I tell them in a whisper.