Chapter 37

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Ron starts to freak out, "Hagrid's right. With Dumbledore gone, there'll be an attack in a day."

Harry's focus is elsewhere though, his gaze is on the endless stream of spiders traveling through a crack in window glass.

He points it out to us, "Look..."

Harry points in the direction of the spiders and Ron and I walk over to get a closer look. Albeit, Ron stops a little further back since he is afraid of spiders.

Harry grab's Hagrid lantern and turns to us urging, "C'mon."

I sigh and straighten myself, preparing mentally for the obvious dangerous adventure this will be.

"Lumos." I cast the spell with my wand out, a small but bright, white light glowing on the tip of the wand.

"Show off." Harry teases me.

I smirk at a him and Ron catches up to us, as we look at the spider trail outside.

Ron being against this idea questions us, "What are you guys doing?"

"You heard Hagrid. Follow the spiders." Harry replies nonchalant.

Quite the opposite of how Ron looks right now.

Ron points out, "They're heading into the Dark Forest."

I quickly walk off to get this over with, wanting to wallow in my bed some more on how I could have prevented Hermione's petrification. Harry sighs and follows, Ron coming as well after grabbing Fang. Poor thing is a coward so I don't see why bringing him would help us.

We continue further in, moving branches and foliage out of the way as we go. Fang and I lead the group, Ron doing the opposite and lagging behind. Fang suddenly howls, scaring the living daylights out of Ron. Branches snap and low rumbling sound is heard, before stopping as quickly as it started.

"There's something moving over there... something big." Harry squints looking into the trees and states.

Just then, a large beam of orangish light shoots at us like a spotlight.

We turn to flee, but Ron stops us, "Harry!.. Harry, it's our car!"

It miraculously survived the Whomping Willow and somehow ended up here. That in itself is both confusing and astonishing. The car is disgusting though, covered in dirt, mud smeared all over, and leaves sticking out of the headlights and hubcaps. Ron circles the car, looking it over.

"It's been here all this time! Look at it. The Forest has turned it wild" Harry exclaims.

I look at him weirdly, that is a very strange choice of words. Harry nods, then glances back at the trail of spiders.

Harry tells us, "C'mon we don't want to lose the trail."

Our group ends up in a hallow with ginormous trees surrounding us, strewn with huge cobwebs. Below one is dark hole, my bet is the spiders lead us there. Harry and I peer ahead, and sure enough the spiders are going into it. Although I wonder how many total spiders are there if this endless stream of them keeps continuing for such a long period of time. We wonder closer and a clicking sound comes from within.