Chapter 8

Mid week update because I forgot this weekend.

Also, I have been having trouble finding time to edit so any corrections are appreciated, even something as minor as telling me to change a period to a comma. I am currently working on a few chapters ahead, events that will fill in the upcoming time skip. Any predictions?

As always, enjoy the chapter!

Episode 5: (twins are 16, Viserra is 14, Aemar is 9 about to be 10, Rhaenyra is 18)

Laena and Viserra were aboard the flagship of the Velaryon fleet. It's grand teal sails which proudly displayed the sigil of House Velaryon slapped back and forth in the breeze, restrained by the ties to the mast. The crew were shouting to each other on deck as they made the final preparations before setting sail. After endless months of careful planning and words like extravagant being thrown around they finally had everything in place for a proper royal wedding. Their gowns were packed away carefully so they would not wrinkle. There was of course one for each event the week would entail. A feast, a tourney, the wedding and its reception, and a new gown was needed for each event. Viserra had not known just how many types of fabric there were in the world until their tailor had bombarded her with choices for nearly three months. Only then had she been able to decide on something. And to think, this was not even her own wedding. Gods be good, she thought, if that horrid day ever came she might just wed her betrothed in a potato sack and be done with it.

"Where is that trunk with all our shoes?" Laena asked placing her hands on her hips. She was dressed down today, in a gold tunic with a teal overcoat that ended a few inches above her knees. Trousers and boots both in black covered her lower half. It was an outfit made for a day at sea. Her hair was even pulled back into a simple three plait braid that ran down her back.

"There." Viserra pointed with the end of her quill before marking a check on the parchment in her hand. Laena's quarters was filled to the brim with both the things she and Viserra needed. As her sister was riding her dragon to the capitol Laena had offered to ensure all her things made the journey as well.

Viserra was already dressed for dragon riding. In the same outfit she had worn when she rode to the King's Hunt uninvited.

The thicker dark teal, patternless jacket that ended at her last rib with the three silver clasps down the center that looked like conch shells. She had exchanged the silver skirt she normally wore with it for matching trousers. The boots in the same shade went up higher then Laena's boots did, to her knee. The sleeves covered her arms down to the wrist and had laces which crisscrossed over a stripe of lighter teal. She wore regular gloves this time that would keep her fingers warm and protected while she was in the saddle. Her hair had been pulled into two braids, one running along either side of her skull. They were tight and kept her hair snug so it would not get in her way in the wind. She had tied them off at the nape of her neck allowing the ends to rest in waves over her shoulders.