Chapter 5

Episode 3: part 2:

Episode 3: part 2:

"Lady Johanna was reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones." The ladies within the tent gossiped. The King had arranged a hunt in the Kingswood in honor of his firstborn son – Aegon II – turning two years old. The turnout had been grand, at least fifty lords and ladies, if not more, were present and enjoying themselves.

"What will happen to Lady Johanna?" Alicent asked rubbing her very pregnant stomach.

"She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities. If you believe the rumors."

The women all turned their heads as a man joined them. He walked with a stick and hobbled into their midst. He was Larys Strong, the Clubfoot. He gave them an unsure smile and nod before addressing the group. "I fear the gods did not make me for hunting. Might I sit with you my ladies?"

Alicent gestured to a nearby chair, "But of course. Please join us."

He bowed to her before taking a seat, accommodating the metal boot over his foot which stuck at an odd angle.

"My lord husband says that no King has ever been able to tame the Stepstones for long. It's an inhospitable place suited only for savages." Lady Hightower, Alicent's aunt added.

"Perhaps the Princess, can give us some insight." Lady Ceira suggested as she saw Rhaenyra lingering on the fringes behind one of the sheer curtains around their sitting area in the tent. She gave a breathless chuckle in uncertainty.

"Oh I'm not sure how I could. I've never been to the Stepstones." she replied as she stepped into their circle.

"Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war. Is he not?"

"I wouldn't know. I've not spoken to Daemon in years."

"Since you supplanted him as heir." Lady Ceira continued her interrogation.

It was Alicent who spoke up in support of her friend. "Daemon made his choices Lady Ceira. The Princess was more suited to the role."

"He's made a mess and the King must put an end to it." Ceira continued, "Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good."

Rhaenyra looked confused, "But the Crown is not at war."

"The Crown," Lady Redwyne spoke up petting her dog on her lap, "is at war Princess. Though your father refuses to admit it we've been dragged into it by your uncle and the Seasnake."

"Seven Hells." Lady Ceira gasped, her eyes solid on something happening behind Rhaenyra.

The Princess turned and saw a girl a few years her junior walk into the tent. Unlike Rhaenyra she did not walk about trying to find a place to belong, no, she commanded the space. Walked with certainty like she naturally belonged there. Even though she was the last person who should be.