44. Prajakta and Danishk's Past

Start from the beginning

And she didn't need anyone to explain his mood so she exited quietly without a word. On her way to her apartment, she called up Manali. She asked her to meet up at Pankh and when Manali gave an affirmation, she heaved a sigh and held her sling bag closely and left her place.

"Now spill! What's eating you up inside besides your tumor?"

Manali questioned her while she attempted to lighten Prajakta's mood yet it went in vain as she was fidgeting with the salt and pepper shaker resting on the table. And impatient Manali shook her vigorously so that she could get an answer out.

"I... I just was eavesdropping on Danishk and Dishan's fight and heard something like Dishan backstabbing Danishk-"

"And you want to know the story behind it right?"

Manali blatantly asked Prajakta to which she blushed a little bit. Yet have a small nod out of curiosity. To understand these two men who were constantly on her side one way or another yet have their way of disappointing her, she has to know what is their so-called dispute all about.

"Okay, story time. Aman uncle, Danishk's father and Akash's uncle decided that if they want to lift their kids' spirits and have good sportsmanship, they started to compare Danishk and Dishan in everything. From academics to behavior. From eating habits to extracurricular activities. When I first saw them in college, I thought they are arch nemesis but gradually I got to know Danishk more and I became his friend I got to know Dishan is a good cousin of his and they just love locking horns. Danishk was studious and quiet an introvert while Dishan was an extrovert and womanizer. Either way, back to the topic, there was a girl who was the daughter of the shareholder of Serene Reality Tanya Rathore. She is cunning and shrewd. Everyone used to call her wicked witch behind her back. She knew Danishk has a brain and aced in everything he has put his hands on. So she found an opportunity and started to chase him. The two dated for a few months and then an off kind of relationship started. Danishk was not getting what was going on but I knew very well that she was getting bored of him. I warned him multiple times but he brushed me off. Once at a party, Danishk caught her red-handed with none other than our 'dish soap'... I mean that used to be Dishan's nickname. Either way, things went downward from there. There was a huge brawl, both Danishk, and Dishan were almost unrecognizable due to their fight and were heavily limping like they were about to pass out. Later that Danishk disappeared into thin air, no one knew where he was unless his family and he was back here when his family were... you know..."

Manali explained awkwardly while she stared at Prajakta for a prompt out understand her unfinished sentence and on cue, Prajakta held her hand and gave a nod in understanding.

"Now let's leave the past and let's talk about present and future. What have you been thinking Praju you will get the surgery right? I swear if you 'pull the plug' on yourself, then I will not leave you alone."

Prajakta inhaled sharply as she had been dreading even thinking about that. Subconsciously tears streamed down her face. Manali stood up and wiped her tears and engulfed Prajakta in her arms. Manali's heart broke for her and just wanted everything in her will to cheer that girl up while Prajakta on the other hand was grateful that she had Manali to hold her when she felt abandoned. After calming down and downing her iced coffee which was offered to her,  with a small reluctant smile she started.

"I... I am planning to work till I have enough funds to pay for my college and then I want to open a law cafe or club specially for women. I don't want any woman to suffer by law under my watch. I really have no clue how I will pull this off but that was the dream before my dad passed away followed by my mom-"

Manali jumped on her seat with excitement and clapped her hands together causing Prajakta to get startled.

"Gosh it's like searching for something around the world when you have it in your arms reach. Prajakta all you have to do is pitch your idea to Shikha aunty and bam! Your dream will start running successfully. I swear both of you won't be disappointed-"

"Who won't be disappointed?"

On that cute Shikha Malhotra's voice caused them to jump a bit but Manali's face lit up.

"Shiks aunty-"

"Chee...Manali don't call me that it sounds like sticks. Either way, your boyfriend didn't pay this time as well. So remind him and give an earful from my side."

Manali cringed whole Shikha took a seat which was adjacent to both Manali and Prajakta and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Now who wouldn't be disappointed?"

Shikha asked the girls narrowing her eyes as if there is some business tycoon who is hearing a pitch. Prajakta gulped nervously and rubbed her sweaty palms over her kurta and cleared her throat. She started to explain to Shikha how she wanted to build a law club or cafe helping out women with different unlawful situations they face. And looking at Shikha and waiting for an answer felt like an eternity.

"Sure why not..."

With a shrug, she gazed at the duo who were curiously waiting for her answer and they squealed as they heard her causing her to chuckle and leave them as she made her way to her cabin. These girls are obviously the best thing that happened to her wild and stupid boys.

"Okay so call me up if you feel unwell again and make sure you take your meals at the right time."

Manali instructed her like Prajakta is her own child. Prajakta rolled her eyes and gave a nod after embracing her in a warm hug. After their discussion at the cafe, Prajakta has an episode of severe headaches causing Manali to rush her to the hospital where Nikhat worked after letting the doctor explain what they were supposed to do and what Prajakta needs in her diet Manali took her to her apartment building.

"Yes, Mam!"

Prajakta gave her a mock salute and waved her goodbye and was about to walk to her apartment and she felt eyes on her back. When she turned, a dark glooming figure approached her causing her eyes to widen and run away from them pressing the button for the lift she kept on her gaze behind her back and saw a male figure with a black hoodie and cargo pants typical dressing for a stalker made alarm bells in her head to ring loudly. When the damned elevator was taking way too much time to reach the ground floor, she escaped towards the fire exit to get away from her stalker. But as she was rushing from one floor to another panting, the hooded figure caught her swiftly by her arm and pushed her against the wall causing a scream to escape her mouth but her mouth got clamped shut through her stalker. Trashing around she tried to set herself free and tried to loosen her mouth and as her mouth was free she bit that person hard and she heard a familiar scream.

"The f*ck is wrong with you? Why are you running away from me as if you saw a ghost? Gosh, you are getting tiresome these days."

That hooded stalker was actually Danishk whose glare was enough to burn an entire forest. Ugh! Why is he dressed like a stereotypical stalker and roaming around? She nearly got a heart attack due to this. Rolling her eyes she ignored him and made her way back to the lift and he followed still glaring at her causing the forgotten dull throb in her head to intensify.

*********************************************************************

A/N:

How are you guys? It's been really long, sorry I won't be able to update more easily as my life is very different now. Juggling work, household chores and a kid now so there is a lot on my plate. Please forgive me if I have made you guys wait so much. But please give more love to this novel and share it with your friends because that is the only motivation I have.