2. Prajakta Got Hired

"With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything."

-Antoine Griezmann

***********************************************************************

Prajakta couldn't help but avert her gaze from the person who looked very elegant and sharp with his well groomed chiseled looks that he could put any good looking guy to shame. The man in his mid 50s had such a sharp gaze on her that he could easily kill her.

"Um... Uh... P-Prajakta"

She scrunched her eyes shut due to embarassment of not speaking without stuttering like a some anti-social teenager who blushes like a crazy when she looks at her crush. Ugh!

"How did you meet Danshik and I want straight forward answer,don't beat arround the bush."

As the elder man enquired her, Prajakta felt like she is under interrogation of CBI.

"I... he... he was about to jump off from a bridge..."

An awkward pause was evident within the room causing Prajakta to clear her throat and she decided to leave as she didn't wanted any sort of connection with that depressed person whom she met before.

"Um... I... I am sorry, I was not supposed to interfere in your family affairs, but that guy... he needs help. There are people who would do anything to live and be happy, but this person is not even trying. I just wish these kind of quiters wouldn't have been born in the first place."

Prajakta stood up to leave as she felt very awkward and out of the place with the couple and their family matter

"Stop right there!"

She heard the lady's voice. And she stopped in her steps right away. And as she turned the lady reminded Prajakta of the strict principal of her school.

"Both of you, let's have the conversation in my cabin, because there will be rush in few minutes."

That lady instructed Prajakta and her and the husband of that lady. When inside, it was pin drop silence as the principal like lady and her husband were staring at her causing her to become further uncomfortable. Even though he was in his mid 50s the man was too fierce, Prajakta didn't budge even a bit and that was what she learned from her mother which she would never forget. She never lost her confidence and never backed down. That was scribed into her mind for forever. The lady checked the resume which Prajakta submitted earlier and stopped for a moment and looked baack at Prajakta again.

"Wait a minute, your resume states that you are a law student. Why did you come here asking for job then? And did you really follow Danishk?"

That accusing tone enraged Prajakta causing her to slam the wooden desk hard.

"I am saying this out loud that I am not interested in that guy whom you are accusing me of following and he is a bloody coward to take his own life and he is too rude to even say a thank you."

Her voice echoed in the whole room as she spewed pent up frustration she had a while ago.

"Then why are you here asking for job then? We don't have any advocate service to match your profile. So either you spill what are your intentions or leave without any consequences."

The way the lady threatend her, she felt shivers down her spine.

"And then you meeting Danishk here after you claiming that he was about to jumping off the bridge doesn't seem like co-incidence. Either you reveal what are your intentions or we are calling cops."

And that made her froze altogether and took few moments for her to compose her demeanor.

"Alright, that's it! I don't know why you people are finding me so untrustworthy, if you don't want to offer a job to me, then just say it in my face. Stop interrogating like I am some damn criminal. I don't have enough money to complete my studies and I can't afford to take a loan. So I thought I will search for a job. If that's a crime I am not guilty and I don't f*cling care."