28. Danishk Underestimates Prajakta

"No matter how valuable you are and your ideas, fools will certainly play both of you down, so exclude yourselves from the inflammatory environs of fools."
― Michael Bassey Johnson

**************************************************************

Dishan decided to listen to his friend for once and left the bottle back. He decided to patrol around his house and check on everyone. Nikhat was fast asleep, Mariam chachi, Feroz chacha have been too long lost in their slumber as well. His parents were on their way to sober land as he saw the two cleaning up the mess around them. And his crazy sister was too unbothered about the world while her husband was caressing her head lovingly and was lost in her world. He chuckled at the sight and took a few pictures of them and left.

As their lips collided Prajakta felt that electricity in a flash... the sparks and the butterflies... it felt like she is floating in the air. But that was soon cut down as Danishk the stupid Malhotra got tired and rested his head over her shoulder.

Meanwhile, Dishan on the other hand felt distraught as he witnessed that kiss happening between Prajakta and Danishk. Prajakta was never his priority or focus... she is Danishk's assistant... used to meet her here and there... in a party, event, or in his office. He used to observe her from afar, trying to analyze her and figure out what are her intentions. This girl has a brain of a child when something excites her. A full-on morning person who loves playing sports, he even witnessed her slurping on her lollipops like a small kid. That memory did bring out a chuckle after which he took out a cigarette and lit it up... He has observed her being physically weak and having strong willpower, which pulled him towards her the most. But now he realized that he is yet again chasing something which was never his.

Danishk woke up from hunger pangs in the middle of the night and rushed toward the kitchen while his jaw kind of hurt. Wait, what did he do to get such pain? Maybe he has a bruise on his jaw... shaking his head he focused on his need for food. And to his dismay, the kitchen was fully packed with Manali, Nikhat, Asad, Ridhima and her husband hogging overall kinds of snacks in the pantry.  What the-

"I am f*cking hungry can't you guys spare me some?"

Danishk yelled at them causing all of them to pause for a bit.

"Have some maggie, I made it just now."

Nikhat offered to which her twin Asad chuckled.

"Bro I tell you, if you eat her maggie, you will die. So, there are some chocolates in the fridge. It's  kinda weird that Shika chachi has chocolate in her fridge."

And Nikhat smacked his head for that and then Ridhima neared him offering him chips. He gladly took them and started munching while he roamed around the area. He then went towards the backyard and that was when a cool breeze hit his face causing him to relax his senses. Slowly a smile escaped through his lips as he felt feather-like light as he munched on the potato chips. And then the drapes of the door from his behind, tickled his back causing him to turn and the visual of Prajakta fighting with those heavy drapes and cursing him caused him to freeze in his place as the memories of his intoxicated state started to flood in causing him to gasp.

The next day, Prajakta didn't know when she woke up actually but she had been continuously brushing her teeth and scrubbing her lips, again and again, to get rid of the sweet tingly feeling which had woken her up the whole night. She didn't even understand why that was bothering her so much but she tried her best to not think about that accidental kiss. But that was the problem. The mere thought of that incident got her to stumble into the rabbit hole of that incident leading to that freaking kiss- an accidental kiss. Ugh! She has to focus! She decided to run errands and stock up on a few things in her pantry hence she got dressed up and took a bag while tying her hair up messily and leaving her place. As she made her way downstairs through the elevator, she rushed out only to bump into the person she wanted to run away from the most. Danishk Freaking Malhotra. Her eyes widened as he held her by her shoulders and the close proximity caused their breath to fan on each other's skin causing the tension to build further.