3. Prajakta and Her New Home

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."

-William W. Purkey

****************************************************

Wait what? Hired as an assistant to that depressed guy? Ugh! She would have rather died with starvation. Before she could raise her voice and reject the proposal, the elder lady started summing up the perks.

"You will be getting accommodation along with your salary and as well as week offs with comp offs. If you would like to add anything you can speak to me, I have included my card in this folder as well. So in case you need anything."

This is it... Prajakta instructed herself to buck up and accept the offer-

"If you are not up for it, you could leave-"

"Uh... no I-I would like to accept this job."

With a reassuring smile she could muster, Prajakta agreed to take up the job.

Shikha extended the folder towards her.and she eagerly took it from her. She can face anything if she has a shelter to live for now. And at her current state, this temporary set up is good enough.

"Now that you have decided, Dishen will drop you to your place, it is semi furnished, you will be informed about to bills and maintenance tomorrow through the secretary of the building, I will inform him."

Aakash informed her causing her to turn towards his son, Dishen who was looking like the kind in the class who is having thousands of questions.

"Wait-what... why me? I don't know this museum piece. I will not take her responsibility."

As he revealed that he earned forced glared from his parents causing him to give in.

"Fine... I will drop this whatever lady."

Shika handed him the keys to the apartment as if she knew that Prajakta would agree with the job offer. As they left the room, Aakash Malhotra turned to his wife.

"I know what is running in your mind but isn't it too early to rely on that young lady?"

All Shikha did was to throw a warm smile towards Aakash.

"When my gaze fell over you for the first time, I knew that you were the troublemaker in my life. So this time as well, I just knew."

By saying that Shikha made her way out after brushing her shoulder to his while Aakash was left in daze for few seconds due to her mesmerising scented after which he followed her asking what does she mean.

The car ride to Prajakta's new place became painfully awkward to Prajakta as the man who is driving kept on glaring at her for no reason at all. A sigh escaped her lips while she distracted herself from the idiot of a driver slash brooding guy.

"Um... how far is-"

And the glare intensified. She awkwardly turned towards the window and viewed the night life as there was no other way to spend her time in that ride and this while she kept on thinking how she is going to face those upcoming hurdles... because she knows very well that the man who is going to be her boss will not take her in easily.

Dishen still kept burning holes at her as this female still looked suspicious. From what he heard from his parents, she came to his mother's café in search of job while Danishk accused her of following him. On top of it, the lady dramatically fell on his arms A's if she is done damsel in distress. This all feels like a plot of some movie in his opinion. Hence this lady can't be trusted no matter what. As he parked his vehicle at the parking space of Danishk'a Penthouse, him and the lady hopped out of the vehicle and made their way towards the lobby. Dishen then asked for the keys for the apartment where Prajakta is going to stay.

When both of them reached the place, he gave a mock salute to her and placed her bag at a corner.

"So this is it miss museum piece, hopefully you won't create any sort of troubles from now on. So, see you then."

With one last glance at that lady he left that place while he kept on thinking what is going on his mother's brain. His family never trusted any stranger without any background check and a probation of one month. Yet his parents hired this nuisance of a lady right after they checked things regarding her education. Things weren't adding up at all and not to mention the equation of this lady and Danishk also didn't go well. As he reached the lobby, a well built muscular man in all black who looked like he didn't wanted to grab anything attention a stood in front of him. Dishen gave a curt nod and looked away as if he didn't know that person and was about to leave the place but at the same moment, Danish entered the lobby area with wobbly legs and crumpled attire, announcing to the people around him that he is heavily drunk. Dishen sighed and realised that he need to take his cousin to his place which obviously caused him to roll his eyes. Without a word he went and held Danishk's midriff to support while they annoying drunkard staggered away from him as if he is some serial killer but soon lost his balance and comically fell whole facing the floor.

Dishen rolled his eyes and muttered serves him right and carried his drunkard cousin's ass to his home.

"I hate you... I... I hate that... that nosy... nosy stupid girl... I... she is... ugh!"

His blabbering started as they reached his house after he inserted the password but right after that, Danishk barfed all over Dishen's tee causing Dishen to scream in frustration.

"The f*ck is wrong with you bro? Why do you have to do this to me? Ugh!"

Dishen ran to washroom while Danishk wiped the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand and slumped over the couch while he drifted to peaceful slumber as he felt relived after puking and on the other hand, Dishen kept cursing profanities which drifted off right away as the living room stopped spinning and his eyelids shut down.

After cooking the two minute noodles and finishing it off with gusto, Prajakta decided to settle in and have a tour of her new humble abode. As the house was semi furnished, there was already few cabinets here and there in the living room and kitchen. She organised few toiletsries in her bathroom and made her way to the bedroom and the view of the city from the French doors if the balcony was really mesmerising.

This is it! This is what she wished to live each day of rest of her life. The ants army like looking traffic and tiny street lights made her feel she is above everything.

After five days of staggering in streets of Delhi with fear of having her life getting ended abruptly, Prajakta is finally relived that she is within the four walls... safe. A small smile escaped her lips as she started enjoying the view further. But as usual, her happiness turned out to be short-lived yet again, as her vision blurred and a exploding kind of headache impaled her while her ears rang in high pitch. A loud scream escaped her lips as the ache became unbearable and gradually she lost her consciousness.

****************************************************

A/N:

Now you know the time and yang qualities of our main leads.

Stay tuned, more to come

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.