32. Danishk and The Blast

"When we keep our stories locked up inside of us, darkness wins. We must share what we've lived, what we've learned, and how we have become stronger through our experiences, in hopes that it helps others find their voice, too."
-Laura Gagnon, The Book Satan Doesn't Want You To Read

********************************************

Prajakta didn't know when Dishan left, she didn't know when she asked Danishk to get inside, but they were seated on her couch, having a bucket filled with ice cream and watching the re-runs of Tom and Jerry and laughing out loud and giggling like small kids high on sugar.

Good times pass real quick... she didn't even get to know when she started to doze off and her head made its way to his lap or when he fell asleep on the same congested couch but as she woke up in the morning... the mesmerizing view of this irresistible hot man who is resting his beautiful face on his palm with closed eyes... he literally looked so divine- Ugh! here we go again... trying to admire something which is out of reach has become her hobby. She stood up swiftly causing her to wobble a bit and then the feeling of bile rising to her throat caused her to rush to the bathroom. Her throat ached and burned due to dry heaving... another reminder of her clock ticking.

Danishk woke up with a start and was breathing in and out as if he ran a marathon while his heart sped up erratically. He scrunched his eyes shut yet flashes of Prajakta's cold lifeless body lying on his lap while cold blood seeped through the wound of her stomach caused him to force his eyes open and his gaze traveled frantically to his surroundings and understood that it wasn't his penthouse. He rushed towards the door and exited Prajakta's house.

When Prajakta made her way to the kitchen to fetch something for herself and Danishk but when she went over to the lounge area to ask him what he will have for breakfast but the person in question was not there. Thinking he might have left to freshen up she too went to get ready. When she reached the workplace munching her snickers and playing a game on her phone she placed her bag over her desk and made her way to the cafeteria.

"Where the hell were you yar Praju?"

Vishaka right away enquired her while both of them were filling their tray with food.

"Yesterday I called you like hundred times to ask your opinion on my outfit but you madam were as close as if you were in flight mode! It was my first date with Pakhi and you were not at all helpful, so thank you so much!"

Prajakta rolled her eyes and chuckled at Vishaka's comments. And moved forward to fetch a sandwich for herself. When Pakhi appeared on the opposite side of the counter Prajakta passed a smile and turned towards Vishakha who was behind her and was totally transformed. She had those starry-eyed gazes and a wide smile plastered across her face. And not to mention, she was stuck in her spot and didn't even move until Pakhi pushed her. Prajakta chuckled at their cute moment and immediately heaved a sigh about how she wished she had such a thing in her life. Right at that moment image of sleeping Danishk Malhotra appeared in her eyes causing her to gasp out loud.

"What happened to you darling?"

Vishaka enquired her and obviously, Prajakta in a haze moved towards a table that was nearest and in the meantime, Vikram too took the same table and sat right opposite to her.

"What happened to her?"

He asked Vishaka to which she shrugged and munched on her salad while Vikram waved his hand in front of her yet the stunned Prajakta didn't move an inch. A chuckle escaped from both Vikram and Vishaka and Vikram decided to take a picture of this funny-looking Prajakta.

Danishk has been in haze since the time he woke up. Every single time he closed his eyes Prajakta's lifeless body appeared in front of his eyes, shaking every fiber of his body and turning his whole being cold. He took the glass of water residing on the right side of his desk and chugged it down as fast as he could.