38. Prajakta's Brother

"Better an honest enemy than a false friend"

- German Proverb

*******************************************************

Prajakta held his collars, pushed his back to the bricked wall, and crashed her lips over his. Danishk's senses got shut down and his whole body felt like it was on fire and took a few moments to grab her back, fist her soft cotton kurta, and kiss her back with the same vigor.

"What are you kids doing here?"

The two were interrupted by that security guard who looked like he was utterly baffled at their antics and was about to kick them out. Prajakta held Danishk's hand and the sparks fizzled causing shivers down his spine Prajakta on the other hand chuckled and looked at the security guard after taking a glance at Danishk.

"Oh sorry uncle ji, we were just happy that everything was fine from his CT scan so we were... you know... celebrating."

"Whatever it is... get out of here."

As the guard yelled the siren blared and the two ran out of the building right away and made their way to the nearest metro station while Danishk kept on enquiring her where they are going. She didn't answer a thing and bought a ticket for Danishk to her destination while she had her pass. After the security check, she deliberately dragged him and he forcefully stopped her.

"What the hell are you doing? And how dare you drag me this way? I just asked you to get me out of that hospital not f*cking kiss me without consent-"

She gasped and clamped his mouth shut with her hand and shushed him.

"Okay fine... I will explain everything if you would come with me without any questions. I risked myself to get you out of the hospital so you could at least do this."

And there she goes with her manipulative ways. Once in his life thought that he is going to get rid of this girl as soon as they exited that building, but he was charmed by her ways already. Sighing he gave a nod and followed her lead reluctantly. Inside the metro, she took out her earphones and connected to her phone while standing next to a pole she starts to hum along to the music she was playing while his eyes involuntarily stuck to her, examining her features and that is when he realized some stranger was also gazing at her so immediately he went in front of her and covered her from from that man. As they reached their destination, they were on the bank of Yamuna river.

"What the hell are we doing here Prajakta? What the hell is wrong with you?"

And his rant started again which caused Prajakta to roll her eyes and sigh. This made him furthermore furious and he started shouting at her ugh! Why can't he just let it go just for once?

"Ugh! Just shut up!"

And he did shut his mouth.

"Listen to me... once, just for once you keep away your temper tantrums, way of thinking and being a big party pooper. And try to have fun with smaller things for now, just for today alright? And then tomorrow, be that same old grumpy self."

And when she stopped talking he ignored her and passed next to her to leave disappointed Prajakta sighed and that was when she felt wetness on her back. What the hell! With a gasp, she turned and that was when she saw Danishk splashing water on her with a mischievous grin laced on his face. Her jaw dropped and started to chase him while he sprinted away from her. The cat and mouse chase started from the river bank towards the city and went on till they stopped to catch their breath.