44. Prajakta and Danishk's Past

"It's not good to dig in the past, raise the ghost up from the grave, and have it walk with the flesh."
― Anthony Liccione

**************************************************************

Prajakta hurriedly called up that one person whom she could rely on without any doubt and to her surprise Dishan picked up in one go.

"Yup you have reached the hottest person's number-"

"Dishan I... Danishk just had a panic attack... I... I don't know where exactly he is because he was supposed to do a few site visits today. Please... please find him, I will text you the locations of the sites which were in the list... please... please make sure he is fine... please..."

Dishan understood the urgency in her voice so he left the dough he was kneading and asked his partner to take charge while he hurried to take his bike keys.

"Don't worry Prajakta, calm down and I will make sure he is fine."

Reassuring her, he ended the call and kick-started his bike while checking his phone for her texts. As soon as he got to the locations, he rode swiftly not minding much about traffic and when he got to the third location she sent a tell-a-tale sign of a huge crowd gathered around the site was visible. He rushed towards the crowd and pushed through them only to see Danishk drenched with sweat and struggling to breathe.

"Hey Dan, buddy it's me, let's go home?"

Danishk didn't answer at all as he was still in a daze so Dishan decided to ask for help and within minutes Danishk was inside a cab and Dishan followed the vehicle. When they reached the society, Dishan helped him to his penthouse and handed him cold bottled water from the refrigerator and Danishk took it and chugged the whole bottle right away as he came back from his trans.

Prajakta paced up and down in her living room while different scenarios played through her head. Gosh! Why isn't he calling? And she is restraining herself to call him as he might be driving or something. Agitated she decided that she would be relieved if she will be already present in the penthouse and waiting for him would relieve her anxiety. As soon as she reached the penthouse the front door was ajar and she heard loud voices.

"I don't want you to backstab me again and again so leave right now before I throw something on you."

Danishk's voice was heard loud and clear and it didn't take a layman to know what gods mood was.

"Why the f*ck are you stuck in the past? I have told you thousand times that-"

Dishan's back was facing her as he yelled back while she was not even able to spot Danishk as the door was only half open.

" I don't want to hear any of that so leave right now!"

"Dan you are accusing me for that age-old dispute. How many times do I have to clarify that when I slept with Tanya I didn't know that you guys were back together-"

"I don't give a damn about that you just shouldn't have done what you have done and that's it."

"You know what Dan, f*ck you!"

Spitting out those words, Dishan stormed out of the penthouse house while Prajakta hid right next to the front door. She took a step and decided to soothe Danishk from his worries but as soon as she neared him, Danishk was seated on the couch with his eyes scrunched and his fingers pressed over them, Danishk lifted his head to eye the person who is approaching him. Rage boiled within him and he stood up and before Prajakta could speak, he grabbed her by her elbow and shook her harshly.

" What the hell do you think you were doing? 'Oh poor Danishk needs help so let me call his useless cousin and humiliate him.' Are you f*cking out of your mind? Don't you dare to take decisions for me ever! Now if I am clear, get your a** out of here."