21. Prajakta Sympatized With the Beast

"I learned this truth; we cannot simultaneously be our best selves and avoid pissing off people. When we align our actions with the divine, good, orderly direction we seek, some folks will not like that we are changing the dance steps."
― Karen Joy Hardwick (The connected Leader)

******************************************

When Aakash and Shika made their way to Prajakta's place, both expected that she would lash out at them and throw a bunch of hurtful words and would quit her job. And Shika came prepared for that. She was ready to convince this girl who is a sort of lease of life for Danishk and maybe... a very small amount of hope lingering over that he might learn to love- maybe she is being too optimistic but that boy desperately needs someone to hoist up from his dark pit. The very first day she met Prajakta that was when she realized that this girl could be his silver lining.

"... I... um... I am sorry but he has crossed his limits and... I never... never in my life felt this... this insulted and degraded by someone..."

But when Prajakta didn't fit into the frame of her expectations and the girl blamed Danishk solely, she understood that Prajakta is not someone who is less witted and won't punish every single person in the bouts of her anger. A perfect catalyst for his dampness... even though she wants to show them how perfect pieces of the puzzle they are in their lives, it would be better if they would figure it out on their own.

"My problem is not that he is an arrogant pompous ass. But he has crossed a bloody line for which I will not forgive him for my life. No matter how much you all beg."

Shika stood up and as neared Prajakta and pulled her into an embrace. And that sudden move caused Prajakta to gasp. And when Shika's heart was content she pulled away leaving that girl to take deep breaths.

"You have no idea how much of a boon you are for us."

Looking at his wife being so emotional and very enthusiastic to join the love birds together and get into another conquest, Aakash laughed a bit causing their attention to him. And he didn't want to be on the receiving end of the two ladies' earth, hence he shut his mouth. And before he could apologize The doorbell ringing of Prajakta's house was a great distraction to which Aakash stood up and opened the door while Prajakta and Shika too neared the door to check who was there.

"We have got dinner!"

Feroz Qureshi and Mariam Qureshi entered the house with huge tiffin boxes and also with a shopping bag.

"And dear lady, I was told we four are supposed to woo you to stay by Danishk's side, hence here is a bag full of chocolates only for you-"

"Feroz!"

The other three elders yelled at this burly yet chubby-looking man in his mid-fifties and all he did in return was laugh. After I took the bag hesitantly he caught me off guard by engulfing me in a tight embrace. And whispered saying that he has got her back which obviously confused her.

"Okay now that things are settled, let's talk about our brat and what to do with him. If you ask me, I will send Prajakta on vacation and punish that boy for a few days by asking him to do daily chores. That would be the best."

A grin appeared on Mariyam's face as she threw in her opinion causing Prajakta to laugh for some reason. I mean she would love to be a front seat audience to watch Danishk Malhotra mopping the floor.

"See, she agrees!"

The other elders rolled their eyes and all four of them take their seats over the diwan again Prajakta decided to sit over her beloved stool.

"Before the two of you barged in, Prajakta revealed that she is enraged due to Danishk's doings and only he should take responsibility for it. So stop apologizing and get to the main point."