35. Danishk hates Birthday Parties

"Birthdays could be such a bummer when you were older than the country you lived in."
- Lynsay Sands, A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)

********************************************************

While going through the fire exit, Danishk's vision blackened and his body collapsed the helpers shouted his name causing Prajakta to turn back and rush back towards him and try to shake him awake. Meanwhile, the helpers instructed her to evacuate the building immediately and she followed them while one of them carried Danishk over their shoulders.

"A bomb blast happened in the Serene reality's building's refuge area causing a few people to be injured, immediately evacuated to the hospital and surprisingly, other than the sound of the bomb blast and earthquake-like tremors, nothing big occurred. The..."

Hearing the news Dishan took out his phone and contacted Ishaan first!

"Did you hear-"

"Yes I did and everyone is contacting me since then... what is wrong with you guys? Either way, we are going through the CCTV of the building and the CCTVs surrounding them. We will catch the b*stard behind this soon."

With that Dishan ended the call and immediately dialed up Prajakta's number.

"Where are you-"

"Prajakta relax I will be there, which hospital?"

As he got the information, he took his keys and rushed out of his house. After briefly texting his parents about where he will be, he drove out as fast as he could to the hospital. As he reached the floor where Danishk was, he found Prajakta hunched over the steel chair while covering her face by her palms while her arms rested over her lap. He quickly reached over there and pulled her into a hug causing Prajakta to get startled but she soon was snuggled into his warm embrace.

"I... I was startled when... when I heard the sound... um... everything was so quick I didn't get time to look over Danishk and next thing I know he fell unconscious. It was so scary... I... I didn't know..."

"Shh... I know... it's alright Praju... I know."

As he was trying to ease startled Prajakta's comfort, He tried to control his anger towards the person behind the whole incident. At the same moment his parents pade their way to the same waiting area where Dishan and Prajakta were.

"How is he?"

Aakash was the first person to break the silence causing Dishan and Prajakta to turn towards Aakash and Shika.

"Uh... he had a Panick attack it seems. We haven't heard from the doctors yet."

Both the elders gave a nod and Shika sat next to Prajakta and patted her back to comfort Prajakta.

"Thank you so much Prajakta. Thank you for being there for him."

Shika gratefully spoke towards Prajakta to which she gave a small nod while she was still trembling with fear as the booming sound never left her ears while she desperately prayed that Danishk is fine. The doctor approached the Malhotra family and explained that the psychiatrist has prescribed a few meds which he must take regularly as he is showing signs of PTSD. It would be better if he considers therapy and counseling soon. The doctor also explained that he could go home after he woke up but shouldn't take the stress.

"Aren't you the same Prajakta who detests hospitals?"

Trying to light up the mood, Aakash came up to her and offered a packet milkshake while she waited for the past three hours for Danishk to wake up while she pondered on the thought of how he managed to suppress the feeling of close-to-death experience.