19. Prajakta Got Her Revenge

"Revenge, the sweetest morsel to the mouth that ever was cooked in hell."
― Walter Scott, The Heart of Mid-Lothian

***************************************************

"Ahh!"

Prajakta clutched her head and scratched her nails over the skin of her skull as she desperately tried her level best to assuage her agony. That never did any good to her and another bout of headache surged her. Oh! How she wished that she could switch places with that watchman on the gate who is lazily yawning while seated on the rolling chair. But obviously, she wouldn't want this to happen to anyone. Even to a sworn enemy. She staggered a bit and slowly made her way towards her house.

"What the hell are you two doing here?"

As she reached her place, she became confused and also surprised at the fact that Manali and Dishan welcomed Prajakta in her own house. Wow, they even got her house key, maybe it's not a good idea to hide it under the doormat and by the look of her living room, it feels like they have created a cozy party atmosphere. But that still didn't give away why the two widely grinning idiots are doing at her house. And not to mention those two are grinning at her as if she is an actual art or what Dishan used to say a 'museum piece'. As the two ushered her in, she was too stunned to understand anything and reality kicked in when a cold hard object was pushed into her hands.

"You and I could use the beer after... you know... and I feel like I never introduced myself to you properly."

As the two ladies were seated on the couch, Dishan rolled his eyes and took an orange juice for himself as he will be on meds and took a seat over the bean bag next to him to watch the two women chit-chat and be all dramatic about their life. On the other hand, Manali extended her hand towards Prajakta.

"Hi, I am Manali Gupta, I am uh... doing masters in animation and- god this feels stupid! And-"

At that moment, the ice broke and Prajakta started laughing causing Manali to become less tense.

"And, her whole life revolves around her boyfriend Ishaan Aggarwal... Ishaan this, Ishaan that... she is freaking obsessed."

The interruption caused both the girls to glare at Dishan while he was unfazed and was actually under the spell of his pills. Ignoring him, Prajakta continued.

"Well, I am Prajakta Sharma and I do study law- I mean I used to... and now I am assistant... of that freaking beast."

"And loves being a damsel in distress here and there and purely being a wonderful museum piece... hmm... She is so cute..."

And before the two could glare at him yet again, he dozed off. Laughter erupted from both of their lips as the two drank their beer with a food mood and started more and more chatting on random things for a while along with a few snacks to munch.

Ishaan leaned over the parapet wall and opened the beer can as he glanced over his buddy who looked like he was fighting his inner turmoil. A sigh escaped his lips as he went back to the penthouse to get another can of beer. When back he found Danishk already chugging down his beer. That dammed idiot was dropped by the head when he was born maybe. That's the reason he became such a nuisance time by time. Shaking his head he opened the can and chugged his beer as well while the two remained silent for a few minutes.

"I have no clue what you are going through... but this is not at all the right way-"

Ishaan stopped speaking as he heard the beer can crinkle. Ugh! Now, this idiot will lash at him for no reason. Ishaan took a deep breath while Danishk took another gulp of his beer.

"That Chaurasia..."

And this time that bloody beer can was smashed and the contents in it spilled out making a mess.