34. Danishk and Surprises!

"Sometimes people surprise us. People we believe we know."
- Joyce Carol Oates, The Falls

**********************************************

"What the hell were you even doing over there? Ugh! Are you out of your mind?"

Prajakta yelled at still grinning Dishan. So to get a good reaction she hit his shoulder as she was way too irritated. She chugged down a jug full of water to ease her nerves.

"But come on! It was fun looking at that huge tomato! Gosh! It's so satisfying. Well if he could put all those nasty colors on me and make me wash my favorite polo a thousand times and watch it rip off in shreds. So this was a good well served revenge for me. So, thank you!"

"What?"

He grinned and stood up to hug her. And as she wasn't expecting, she gasped and pushed him away within seconds.

"What the hell Dishan?"

And he started laughing as if she cracked a joke.

"You... gosh! All because of your childish antics, he will grill me alive! Ugh! You and your cousin are so f*cking annoying! Why am I getting dragged into this?"

Dishan on the other hand laughed at her annoyance.

"Well, because we both love you."

That got her frozen on her spot while her eyes widened. Looking at her state, Dishan on the other hand chuckled and held her shoulders. Then he shook her up rigorously so she could snap back from her shock.

"Um-"

"I was kidding, it was a joke... gosh Prajakta!"

And the annoyance was back. It was good to see that expression of annoyance than her projecting sadness or pity toward him. He flicked her forehead and laughed yet again.

"Either way, I am leaving, have a good night! And also don't forget-"

"I know, it was all joke-"

Prajakta turned towards him to assure him that she understood but another wave of surprise hit her.

"That and... tomorrow is actually Danishk's birthday."

"What?"

And that idiot danced out of her place in triumph as if he got a lifetime achievement award. Ugh! Prajakta on the other hand gave herself a small pep talk and prepared herself to sleep. Danishk on the other hand was fuming with anger like a pressure cooker. How could she just casually go on a date with him? And why did she decide to go on a date with that idiot? Why doesn't she understand that he is up for no good! Freaking OCD freak, girlfriend stealer and has no freaking sense of consciousness. Not to mention the basic necessity for dating someone is being trustworthy and loyal. And he is nothing of such. Ugh!

The next morning Prajakta woke up as early as possible and went on with her chores. Today she really doesn't want to get into her boss' wrong foot. Especially today! Hence she even reached work much earlier. But her intention obviously went down in the drain as Danishk entered the floor as if he was an angry bull and then strode towards his cabin.

"Prajakta... save yourself!"

She practically begged herself in her heart to get motivation and go through her day. She followed him to his cabin with her tablet.

"Ask the marketing team to finalize the campaign by EOD. Let the in charge of the construction site of Dwarka send me detailed updates. Ask the marketing team and design team to hold a meeting with me. And where the hell is my coffee?"