25. Danishk Got Distracted

"I needed something--the distraction of another life--to alleviate fear."
― Bret Easton Ellis,Lunar Park

************************************************************

After reaching home and shouting illegitimate profanities at that Beastly Malhotra. What does he think of himself? Bloody MCP and such a selfish jerk. Before she could murder him in her imagination, her phone rang loudly with frustration she tore the zip open of her bag. And took out her phone to see who the hell was and she immediately calmed herself down and picked up her phone as It was Shika Malhotra on the phone.

"Um... yes mam, tell me what-"

"Arey Prajakta, stop being formal now, you aren't in the office. I called you to inform you that we are celebrating Holika Dahan today in my place, I have invited a few people and you are one of them. So don't you dare to miss this. Okay? I am sending you the location beta, please do make it okay?"

"Uh! Yes mam I will."

When Danishk reached his penthouse deranged and out of strength, his phone blared to life. In the caller id, his chachi's name came up causing him to pick up immediately.

"Um... yeah chachi-"

"Danishk get dressed in your cotton kurta and pajama now and reach my place immediately. Also, Prajakta is also coming so pick her up as well. If you forgot, today is Holika Dahan. Everyone is here, so we all are just waiting for you two. If you dare to not follow my orders, then I swear I will cut off your access to your chachu's club and our house!"

And she ended the call and didn't even let him explain to her anything. With a long sigh, he went to shower and change. When he was done he decided to visit the downstairs neighbor. Hopefully, she will be ready by this time. He gave a small knock and the door already opened revealing Prajakta wearing a beautiful bright yellow suit, open hair and beautiful Chandbalis with a small bindi. Danishk couldn't help but stare at this beautiful girl who looked no less than an angel. Gosh... she... she looks so mesmerizing and he wished to just hide her from this cruel world-

"...at?... What are you doing here?"

She questioned him with the highest octave she could because that stupid beast was not at all moving. Like a stone sculpture, he was just frozen in that state. Hence she decided to push him causing him to stumble and fall on his butt. Well, at least she took her revenge well. And that brute had the gall to glare at her.

"What? Don't act like you are wronged alright. You were the one who pushed me to the floor so have fun!"

She locked her door and was about to pass him, he held her wrist and pulled her causing her to fall and she landed on his lap and due to proximity, her fruity perfume intoxicated his senses causing him to lean closer to her. He snapped off his bubble when his phone rang loudly. She too snapped out of her dreamland of Danishk's mesmerizing eyes and stood up after which she extended her hand to help him up but that beast stood up by himself while answering his call and he went on saying that he is leaving and he will come soon. Prajakta decided to leave him but he grabbed her by the elbow and dragged her along with him. Irritated by his manhandling she pushed him and pulled his hair while the two made their way to the lift.

"The hell! Leave my hair, you stupid girl!"

"Oh please! You should also understand how I feel you f*cking beast!"

"Please you, she-devil! You have a body of steel so you won't feel anything."

"Oh yeah, you bamboozled pompous jerk! You think I am a body of steel then take this."