Chapter 24

This chapter will either make you feel shocked or mad or sad. Yey! Just kidding. Enjoy!

†††††††

Dinner's quite silent. The eerie silent type. It's making my nerves go wild. I don't know why.

Maybe because though we're eating in a long table, I'm situated across Lorra and beside me is Jaxon. I just can't dare look her in the eyes, because it's been a long time.

A very, very long time...that I've forgotten everything about her.

I looked over to my farside and saw Sulli staring at me with those pair of piercing eyes. She's been doing this for a couple of minutes already and that it's making me feel anxious.

What do you want? I mind-linked Sulli. And as I glanced at her, it's obvious she got surprised that I'd be talking to her even though she's not in favor of my transfer.

Though her next few words made me freeze.

Get away from Jaxon.

Rage grew in me. Why does she want me to do that? If I could remember, I'm Jaxon's mate and the Red Moon's Luna. And I fucking admit that!

I eyed her and we both made penetrating eye contacts.

Now give me a damn hell reason to do that! I responded. But before she could respond, Kingston broke the eerie silence, except for the ticking of utensils.

"So how have you been feeling Samantha? I see that you don't need much rest,"he said.

"I'm fine, thanks,"I shortly replied before slightly smiling at him.

"That's good. Would you mind if I ask more questions?"he uttered and I just nodded. I could feel Lorra's burning stare on me.

"How long have you been using your Deviant abilities?"he asked. I knew this was coming.

"Not long. Touching silvers, that's part of it,"I answered.

I didn't want to spill out much or he'd ask deep questions. As long as I'm here in their clan, I need to keep a percent or two about my life, hidden. I can't trust all of them, yet.

"I see. Who trained you?"he asked. I let out a silent sigh before I placed my utensils on the sides of the plate. Then I laid my hands on my lap.

"My father,"I harshly whispered.

Remembering that day, right after my first transformation to a wolf, he trained me. He told me to be strong for whatever will happen to them. To Elise and him. That day when I knew I had to have more courage than anyone else, to keep the important people in my life safe.

"That's good. Is this your mother?"he asked as if he was a birth-certificate registrar or whatever you call them, those people who sign for birth certificates. I heard about it from my human friends.

I glanced at Lorra and I saw her drop her head. She stopped poking and eating the food. She's obviously not fine with Kingston's question...and so am I.

What do I say?

"Y-yeah? Before she ran away with him,"I uttered as I eyed the man next to Lorra. Tristan.

We made eye contact, but I break immediately. I don't want to deal with any business regarding the two of them.

"And what did you feel when she ran away with my brother?"Kingston asked as he placed his intertwined hands under his chin.

Is he taunting Lorra and Tristan by asking questions on me?

I felt a hand intertwine with mine. And with just Jaxon's hand on mine, makes me feel all better.