11 - haberdashers and Rebecca

Buckys pov

Rebecca needed some fabric for some homework so ma sent me to the haberdashers with her.

I wake up Sunday morning after a wonderful lunch with Steve and Rose yesterday, i am amazed at what she does with Howard. I had been out early this morning to go for a run, I had run round the local park  before heading home for breakfast.

I was sat at my desk in my room doing some of my homework when Ma knocked on my bedroom door 'James?' Ma asked 'yes ma'  I reply turning to face here 'could you take Rebecca to the haberdashers after lunch, she needs to get some fabric for her homework,'  Ma asked 'of course Ma.' I reply. I always enjoy spending time with Rebecca.

About an 1hr later I headed downstairs for lunch, 'you look happy Jamie' Rebecca says smiling at me 'I am becca'  I reply. 'Ah. Got yourself a girl' she asks 'not at the moment but I have some good friends' I reply 'I know about Steve, so who's the other?' She asks. I keep forgetting she can read me like a book 'her name is Rosemary, rose' I say 'rose?' She asks I nod my head 'I've heard of a rosemary. What was her surname' becca starts 'ah Stark!.  Rosemary Stark' she says.

'You've heard of her?' I ask 'of course, everyone knows of her brother Howard,  they say she sits alone at lunches drawing' Becca says 'not any more' I say 'we all sit together, Steve, Rose and I' I tell her. 'I would love to meet her' becca says 'I'm sure you will, I think she will love you' I tell her. 

We finish of eating our lunch, 'go get ready Rebecca' I tell her 'ill wash these up'  I continue, 'okay Jamie' she replies before she heads up to her room to get ready. I head upstairs myself before meeting Rebecca downstairs.

'We are off Ma'  I call out to her 'do you want anything whilst we are out?' I ask her. 'Okay James, I don't think so. Take care and see you when you get back' ma replies

We begin to walk to the high street 'so what are you making?' I ask Rebecca, 'we have to make an apron for when we are having our sewing lessons.' Rebecca says.

We were walking along the High street when in front of me I saw Rose. 'Hey Rose'  I call out. I watch as she turns round, I give her a small wave 'hey James. ' She replies smiling 'how are you?' She asks 'I'm good thanks.' I reply 'what brings you here?' I ask 'needing to get some fabric and bits for home ec homework'

I had almost forgotten Rebecca was with me, until I heard a cough. 'Sorry. Rebecca this is Rose, Rose this is my sister Rebecca' I say 'lovely to meet you Rebecca' rose says holding out her hand, Rebecca shakes her hand. 'Lovely to meet you too, I've head good things from James about you' she says.

We all head into the haberdashers, I watch as Rose and Rebecca look at the fabrics whilst chatting, 'if you want me to hold anything I can' I tell them both 'ta James' they say in unison before laughing.

Rose's  pov

'Hey Rose' A voice says, I turn round to see James and a girl, James gives me a small wave which made my heart flutter.

'hey James. ' I reply smiling 'how are you?' I ask him 'I'm good thanks.' James replies 'what brings you here?' He asks me 'needing to get some fabric and bits for home ec homework' I tell him

We heard a cough. 'Sorry. Rebecca this is Rose, Rose this is my sister Rebecca' James says, she looks so like James 'lovely to meet you Rebecca' i say holding out my hand, Rebecca shakes my hand. 'Lovely to meet you too, I've head good things from James about you' she says.

We all head into the haberdashers, Rose and Rebecca walk of ahead to look at the fabrics whilst chatting, 'if you want me to hold anything I can' James tells us both 'ta James' we say in unison before laughing.

'You looking for anything in particular?' I ask Rebecca, 'I need some simple fabric to make an apron for my sewing class. What about you rose' Rebecca replies, 'I too need fabric for an apron but also for dress' I reply.

We look at the floral patterned fabric, 'what do you think to this Rebecca?' I ask pointing to some floral prints 'they look lovely' Rebecca replies 'you could use it to make a pocket on the front and then the straps.

We pick out a fabric each 'pass them here' we both turn around to see James stood there with his arms out. I watch as Rebecca puts some rolls on his arms, 'you to Rose' he says smiling. I took up his offer and put on the roll. 'You looking for any thing else?' James asks 'I am looking for some fabric to make a dress' I reply.

I moved down the rows looking at the diffrent patten, 'what about this one' James says pointing to a blue and white polkadot patten. 'I love it James, you have a good eye' I say. I pick it off the shelf and the three of us head to the till, I get some buttons and ribbons at the same time.

The lady at the Till begins to measure out Rebecca's fabrics before totaling up the amount which her and James pay before she begins with mine.

After we pay we go to leave the shop 'it was lovely to meet you Rebecca' I say 'you too Rose, hope we can meet again' she replies hugging me.

'See you tomorrow?' James asks me whilst smiling. 'I'd like that' I replied smiling 'I'll see you at the table'. 'Of course, doll' James replies giving me a small side smile. He then leans in to kiss my cheek 'Bye Rose' James says smiling before he walks off with Rebecca.

Buckys pov

Rebecca and I just said by to Rose. 'You like her' Rebecca says smiling 'I think I do Becca, but I don't know if she likes me' I reply. 'Of course she does Jamie, even I could tell that. If she didn't like you she would just say hi and walk away.' She says 'if she didn't like you, she probably wouldn't talk to me or suggest things' she says. I could always count on Rebecca to help me see the other side of things.

Rose's pov

I head home and take my fabrics up stairs to my room. 'You look happy bud' Howard says Standing in my doorway. ' I think I am' I reply 'met James at the haberdashers today. I even met his sister. ' I say, 'I'm glad he makes you happy' Howard says.

I begin to measure out the fabric for my apron ready to sew after school Tomorrow. The fabric I have left I add to my stash to make a quilt later.