9 - design 2 prototype pt 2

Rose's pov

James walks me back to the workshop after we had popped to the office so I could change. 'I'll see you Monday Doll' he says kissing my cheek 'see you Monday James' I reply smiling. Leaning against the door frame I wave goodbye to him. 'He definitely likes you' I spin around to see Howard stood in the workshop.

'So how was it?' He asks 'it was fun, I always enjoy hanging out with him and Steve.' I reply. 'You going to meet up again at the weekends?' He asks 'we might'

We head over to the table where the blueprint is layed out. 'We will start on this part' Howard says pointing to one part. We head over to the workbench laying out the parts we need before getting the tools 

Howard shows me how we begin to put the parts together. This was my first time of actually turning a design into the actual product.

We spent the rest of the afternoon working hard on the product. It was handheld device that could send an electric shock to the person it was used on.

'What the reason for this?' Howard asked 'for people to use for self-defence' I tell him. 'If it works we could make it as a bracelet' I suggest. 

Howard's pov.

I was teaching Rose how to turn a sketch into a blueprint into a prototype. some of her sketches were amazing.

'Howie' Rose asks as we are on a tea break 'yes bud' I reply 'I have an idea' she says 'what if we got a normal bike, but attached a motor' she suggested. Thinking about it. It did sound a good idea. 'If you can draw up the design  and then the breakdown we can try it out' I suggest.

During the day I had noticed some cuts on Rose's palms 'Rose?' I ask 'yes Howard' she replied 'what happened to your hands?' I ask 'oh teach gave me 5 lashes of the cane because James was waiting for me at lunch time. She proceeded to say 'tell you boyfriend not to wait outside my classroom' I told that he wasn't my boyfriend' rose told me, 'you do know your not ment to talk back to teachers Rose' I tell her 'yes but they also teach you not to lie' she replies back.

After our tea break we headed back to the workshop to carry on working. I looked at the clock to realise it was 7.30pm and we had to be home by 8. 'Rose time to head home' I tell her 'okay.' She replied. We packed up the workshop before I locked it. We went to out office to grab our bags before heading home.

'I'm going to do some of my homework' Rose tells me before she heads upstairs 'okay rose, not to late, I'll be up later to check on you' I tell her. I watch as she walks up  to her room.

As I was feeling hungry I headed into the kitchen and made myself some bread and butter for tea. I sat down and ate it before washing up my plate and putting it away.

Rose's pov.

When we got back I headed upto my room to make a start on some of my homework, I sit at my desk and begins on my English homework. I had some home economics homework too, we had to make and apron for when we did our needlework on top of that we had to begin to design a dress that we would make. The brief was dance hall. I decided to work on it tommorow after I had finished my chores.

Howard's pov.

I was just heading up stairs to check in on Rose, peeking my head in her door I find her asleep with her head on her desk. 'Rose' I say softly.

As there was no reply I walk over to her to pick her up to carry her to bed. I lay her down, just as I'm about to leave 'howie' she says sleeply I turn to face her 'Night Rosebud' I say kissing her forehead and pulling the covers up before leaving her room. I didn't even step a foot out of her room before she fell asleep again.

I then went to my room to get ready for bed. I decided to read for a bit as I wasn't ready to fall asleep.