7 - design 2 prototype pt1

Rose's pov.

'Come on Rose' Howard calls out to me 'we need to go'. 'Okay coming' I reply, I pick up my light blue summer dress ready for when I meet up with Bucky and Steve. I'm currently wearing an old shirt of Howard's and some trousers as I don't want my dress to get dirty whilst we are working.

'Is that for your lunch date' Howard asks  as I reach him 'yes but its not a date, we are just meeting up as friends' I reply 'if you say so. Let's head off. Got your scrapbook?' Howard replies 'yep' I reply. We head off to the car and we head off.

When we arrive it's 9 am, we head to our office to drop off our bags, I hang up my dress before we head off towards our workshop to begin on the prototype.

I place my sketch book on one of the work benches whilst Howard goes and gets out a roll of paper to turn the drawing into a blueprint which all the different parts on. The blueprint paper covers the whole table.

'1st bud' Howard says 'in the middle of the paper and then we draw the diffrent sections around the central picture.' He continues. I move over to the desk by the wall to pick up the the drawing tools we needed before carrying them back over to Howard.

I begin to sketch the design in the middle before breaking it down to have the diffrent parts 'make sure to label the parts and how many of each you need' Howard says 'here, list the parts and how many of each on here that you need and we can get the parts ready for building.' Howard Continues handing me a clipboard.

'Tea break, I think' Howard says about 2hrs later. 'Okay, where?'  I ask 'let's go back to the office. I'll even get Marie to bring some cake!' Howard replies smiling. 'Let's go then' I reply. We leave our workshop, with Howard locking the door.

'So' Howard starts as Marie is bringing in our tea and cake 'James and Steve'. 'What about them?' I ask 'how'd you meet?' Howard asked. 'Well, I was sat on a picnic table working on designs when they came over to say hello. We all became friends instantly' i tell him sipping my tea 'that day you met him, I had just left school when some people from my class started kicking and hitting me, you know the rest as James told you.' I continued. 'Then on Tuesday he met me outside of class and we walked outside to meet Steve for lunch, then Wednesday Steve and James met me. Friday I was later out as teacher made the class stay later. So I met them at the table' 

'James seems a very nice champ bud, I would love to meet Steve sometime' Howard says 'I'll have to ask him' I reply.
'Mmmm this cake is so good' I say to Howard, 'well you do love your cake. Especially chocolate cake' Howard says smiling.

It's so nice that we can spend time together like this, I enjoy working with him too, him teaching me things. 'So what time is James picking you up?' He ask. '12.30 as we are meeting Steve at 1pm' I reply 'right tea breaks over, let's head back and carry on' Howard says. 'Ta Marie' as she came into the room to collect the tea tray.

We are walking back to our workshop 'if  you finish the blueprint before you go for lunch I can get the parts ready for when you get back' Howard tells me 'ta Howard' I reply.

I walk back over to the desk and carry on sketching. I loose track of the time.

Buckys pov.

I am on my way to pick up Rose for lunch, I head to where Howard's and Rose's office is, where I was on Monday. 'Hello, how may I help you' a lady on reception asks me as I enter the building, 'I'm here to pick up Rosemary Stark, her and Howard are expecting me' I reply 'they are in the workshop at the moment, I can get someone to take you' they ask 'that will be great thank you' I reply. 

'This way please Mr ?' A lady asks 'Barnes.' I reply 'please follow me Mr Barnes' she replies. I follow her to where the workshop is. 'Mr stark' they say knocking the door 'Mr Barnes is here' they say 'thank you Mary' Howard says I watch as Mary leaves 'come on in James' Howard says smiling 'you look busy Doll'  I say smiling.

I watch her turn around 'hi James.' Rose says smiling.'time for lunch bud, you go get ready' Howard says smiling. I watch as Rose puts the drawing tools away before walking over to me. 'You can go with her James, and I'll see you both after lunch' Howard say 'thanks Howard, see you later' Rose says.

'I need to pop to our office to get changed' Rose says 'you look beautiful as you are' I say smiling 'you flatter me James. I've got a dress ready for lunch, just didn't want it to get ruined whilst in the workshop' she replies. We walk into their office, 'wait here James and I'll be back' Rose says before walking through a door in the room.

A few minutes later Rose walks out 'wow' I say. She looks stunning 'you look beautiful Rose' I say smiling. 'Thank you James.' She replies. I hold out my arm for her 'you ready?' I ask 'I am' she say linking arms with me.