~CHAPTER 9~

ATHENA/GARRETT

After leaving our son's office, we went to the kitchen in the alpha/beta suit that we share without our sons and their mates. We prepared a special dinner for Nova. We wanted to make her feel welcome in our home and our family.

"Athena darling, I think that you have outdone yourself again. My dear, this all smells amazing." Garrett tells her. She looks at him and smiles and kisses his cheek.

"Well thank you, Hun, but I want Nova to feel welcomed as she should. She has been through enough already. She deserves to be spoiled and happy." She tells him.

"Garrett, can you set the table and add more places? I believe Sawyer and Rory will join us as well." She tells him.

"Did you mink-link our sons and tell him about dinner tonight?" He asked her. She laughed.

"No, I'm busy with dinner. Why don't you do that, my love?" She said, then kissed his nose and walked back into the kitchen. He laughed and shook his head. He mink-link his son Sawyer.

G: Sawyer, if you and Rory aren't too busy, we are having a family dinner to welcome Nova this evening.

S: Ok, I knew she was Braxton's mate. Let me guess, mom wants us to attend dinner?

G: Yes, you know how your mother is, Sawyer.

S: HAHA Dad, yes, I know dad, we will be there. We wouldn't miss it. What time is dinner?

G: We are eating dinner at 5 and it is 3, so be here before 4:30, please.

S: We will be there shortly, dad, no worries.

G: Thank you Son, see you soon.

S: No problem dad and see you soon.

Once I finished talking with my son, I finished setting the table for six people. I had just finished putting the finishing touches on the table when I heard the elevator to our floor ding. I wasn't sure who was here. Was it Sawyer and Rory? Or was it Braxton and Nova? I turned around and saw Braxton and Nova walking into the apartment from the elevator entrance.

"Dinner isn't quite ready yet sweetie, but if you would like to freshen up, you can." Garrett tells her.

"As much as I would love to, I can't I have nothing here." Nova says to Garrett.

"Nonsense. I asked one omega to run and get you something. I hope that was ok. You are the same age and size as her, so it was easier for her to shop. There are clothes sitting on Braxton's bed for you and bath stuff for in the bathroom if you would like to get cleaned up." Athena told her.

"Babe, it is ok if you want to go up and get cleaned up before dinner, you just had your first shift. That can be hard on anyone. Especially someone with alpha blood. Here, I will show you the way." Braxton tells her.

"Thank you, Athena and Garrett. It means a lot that you are doing all of this for me." She says with tears in her eyes. Which were happy tears.

"Of course, darling, your family is now. Now go up and get cleaned up and we will eat when you're ready." Athena said.

"Come on, I will show you to my room so you can get cleaned up." Braxton tells Nova. He grabs her hand and then he walks her upstairs. To his bedroom, so she could get cleaned up. He knew she was feeling uncomfortable, but he was trying to make her feel comfortable as he could.

NOVA

I was a little torn back when they mentioned me getting cleaned up for dinner. Then I realized I was still just wearing that shirt of Sawyers. I walked up the stairs, following Braxton, and we went into his bedroom. The walls are gray; it has a king-size bed with blue bedding and white sheets. Nightstand with a lamp on each side. Two dressers on each side of the bedroom. There is a desk and a tv stand with a 65-inch tv on the wall. There is a walk-in closet and an ensuite as well. It has a huge jacuzzi bathtub and a walk-in shower. I saw the clothes for me on his bed. I grabbed them and followed him into the bathroom. He stared at the bath for me. I saw the towels in the sink. They even got my favorite shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Like how on earth did they know? There was a note addressed to me on the towels and I read it. As I was reading it, a smile grew on my face and I couldn't help but feel loved and wanted here. I am going to thank her after I am finished and when I get downstairs.