~CHAPTER 13~

The council meeting is between me and the seven Elder Members who are alphas. The meeting with Sawyer and Rory is with two of the Elder Members. We went into the building, and we all walked up to the front desk. There was a gentleman. There, he looked up.

"Alpha Garrett, what a surprise. What brings you in to the council today?" He asked.

"Hello Beta Ace Caspian, it is good to see you. I have a meeting with the Elders at 9 a.m. and my sons meet with Elders Dakota Wade and Royce Porter when my meeting is over." I said. He looks down at the book and nods his head.

"Yes, that is correct. You do. Are your sons going with you to your meeting?" He asked.

"Yes, that is fine with me." I said.

"You two can come, but I would suggest you be more of a witness and only answer if your asked questions. So, it goes well for your meeting. Just trying to help." He said.

"Thank you, Ace." We said as we nodded our heads.

"Please follow me. They are ready for you." He said.

We all followed him down the hall and to the last room on the right. It was huge. We walked in and all the elders were sitting on the bench in front of the room. The room looked like a courtroom. From right to left sits Alpha Josiah Preston, Alpha Declan Nash, Alpha Caden Griffin, Alpha Dakota Wade, Alpha Edwin Tate, Alpha Kade Lawson, and Alpha Royce Porter. They are the elders' members that make up the council.

"Good morning, Alpha Garrett, can you tell why you have requested this meeting on such short notice?" Declan said.

"Recently, my son Alpha Braxton found his mate, Nova Daniels. He rejected her on the night of her 18th birthday." I said.

"Alpha no disrespect maybe, but rejection by your mate is no reason to call the council." Royce said.

"Wait, a minute. Did you say the last name Daniels, as in Alpha Knox Daniels? Would that be her father?" Josiah asked.

"Yes, she is his daughter. You are right Royce; I did not contact you about the rejection. Jordan wasn't her true mate. Braxton is. However, what her father did to her that night was uncalled for, and that is why I called you." I said.

"What did he do?" Dakota asked.

"He banished her on the night of her 18th birthday after she couldn't shift." I said.

"But Nova first in line to be the Alpha of the Red Eclipse Pack?" Kade asked.

"No, her father refused to give her the title because she is a girl, so Knox has given the title to her younger brother, Easton. But the issue is that the current Beta was going to name Nova as beta when he steps down instead of his son. Because he doesn't believe that his son is for the title." I told them.

"Yes, we approved Beta Charlie's requests on passing it to another candidate of his choosing as long as he/she will benefit the pack." Edwin said.

"His son, Jordan, was her mate. He mated and marked another she-wolf, and then he rejected her publicly, causing her wolf to go into hiding. Her wolves have since come back, but her father believed that Nova would have a target on her back once they gave the title to her. So that is why he did what he did." I said.

"That is still no excuse. All alpha's first-born are to receive the alpha title if they possess the gene and we already know that she has that gene. It doesn't matter if they are a boy or girl. But he should have contacted us to get the approval for the title change and banishment, for he did it." Josiah said.

"Did Alpha Knox bring thing to our attention for approval or even that to let aware of the situation?" Caden said.

"No, not that I have seen." Edwin said.