~CHAPTER 4~

"Mate!" I said.

We continued to walk along the path until we found the benches by the roses in the shade to sit down. We were holding hands and did I feel the sparks? It wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be.

"I'm Jordan!" He said.

"I'm Nova!" I said.

"I know! I've known for two-months." He said. "I've been waiting for you to turn 18."

"Really? Why?" I asked. He nodded.

"You had to be 18 and of age, Nova." He said.

"That makes sense, I suppose." I said.

"So, what do you like do you Nova?" He asked.

"Well, anything outdoors really, training, reading, dancing. Oh, I can sing too. So, what about you?" I asked him.

"Well, I like to go swimming, ride my motorcycle, and play video games. As well as reading. What's your favorite color?" He asked.

"Blue, yours?" I asked him.

"Purple because of the flecks in your eyes," He said. She knew that was a lie because her eyes didn't have purple in them. Her eyes were Green with a reddish tint.

We talked for a little while longer and then my mother's mind liked me.

M: Hey you need to get ready for your birthday party Nova.

N: Yes, mom I will be right there.

"I am so sorry, Jordan. I have to go. My mother mink-linked me. I have to get ready for the party. Will I see you in an hour for the party?" I asked him.

"Of course, mate." He said. He kissed my forehead, and we left our separate directions.

I got back to the pack house and found my mother. I walked up to her and gave her the biggest hug ever. She just looked at me, all confused. Then she smiled at me. Then we walked into my bedroom to get ready for my party.

"So, sweetie, what has you in a good moody now? I'm not complaining at all. Simply curious, that's all." Mother asked.

"Well, when I left father's office upset, I went for a walk in the gardens to clear my head and I smelled the best smell, and it led me to my mate. Its Future Beta Jordan." I told her.

"That's great. I hope he doesn't break your heart, sweetie." She speaks.

"Me too." I said.

"Mom, can I ask you something about mates?" I asked her.

"Of course, sweetie. What is it you want to know?" She asked.

"Aren't sparks you feel with your mate supposed to be strong?" I asked with a sad look on my face.

"Yes, sweetie, why?" She asked, looking concerned.

"Well, when we touched hands, they were there, but very weak. And he said my eyes were blue with purple flecks in them. I don't know, maybe it's nothing." I said.

"Maybe sweetie. Did you get enough sleep last night?" She asked me. I looked at her and shook my head.

"Not really, only about 4 hours. I guess I could just be tired, mom." I said, and I sighed.

My mother did my hair, my make-up, and I put on a simple dress for the party. Once I was ready to go. My mother left the room. I had to me to think to myself.

JORDAN

I was so drunk last night that I ended up in Sadie's room again. She has been my on-off-again girlfriend for the past 2 ½-years. But I love her. The problem is that I found out who my mate was two months ago. But she was still 17 years-old, so she didn't know that I was her mate. Well, that will change today because she turns 18 today. So, I have been wondering if she has been feeling anything pain the past few months. I asked Rex, but he hardly talks to me anymore. He wants Nova and her wolf. But he also wants Sadie and her wolf. I am so confused about what I am supposed to do.