~CHAPTER 5~

NOVA

So far my birthday has been good. I met my mate, and that is Jordan. He seemed somewhat happy that he was my mate. We walked along in the gardens, and we danced at my party tonight. Everyone wanted a piece of Nova. I was just a fan of all the attention. He told me he would be back for my shift tonight. But I don't know. I am getting a bad feeling that something bad is going to happen. But I don't know. Zoe, do you have any idea why I am feeling like this? I kept asking her, but she wouldn't respond to me.

At 11:45 p.m. I walked with Alpha Knox, Luna Everleigh, Beta Charlie, Female Beta Nancy and seven of our warriors to the clearing where the shifting takes place. On our way there, I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my heart and then my neck felt like it was on fire. Where my mate's mark would go. I knew what he was doing. He was mating and marking someone else. He was unfaithful, that's why I had been getting these pains. I stand up and rather weakly walk towards my father.

Zoe, we have to shift. Can we do it? I'm sorry Nova I can't, I'm too hurt, weak, its Jordan's fault he and his wolf were unfaithful and have betrayed us. I'm sorry Nova, but goodbye for now. Zoe, no don't leave me, Zoe, Zoe, Zoe... I cried, tears rolling down my face. I collapsed to the ground. My mother runs over to me, she looks at me. She sees my devastated look and hugs me.

"Nova, what's wrong?" she asked me.

"Jordan marked and mated another, and Zoe is gone." I told her.

"Nova, what have I told you about lying and telling stories? We are here for you to shift. NOW SHIFT!" he says in his alpha command.

"I can't, father, my wolf is gone." I say with tears in my eyes.

"Are you for proper right now, Nova? Do you realize what an embarrassment and shame you have brought down on to the pack tonight?" Knox says, while refusing to look at Nova. Who was crying at her father's harsh words?

"Knox, you need to calm down and relax. You don't need to say those things to your own daughter. She is your blood. Instead, you're going to stick up for the Betas boy because he will hold a title." She said to him, upset with her husband.

"Yes, because our daughter is making it up and he will be the other half that runs the pack." He said.

"Knox, you are foolish. Our daughter is telling the truth. I know it and you're too stupid to see it." She said, upset. Then Easton stood up and walked over to his sister, and gave her a hug.

"Sis, I know it doesn't mean much, but I don't want the title. I would rather you have it. But I believe in you. Jordan is a dick." Easton tells her.

"Thanks Easton. " She hugged her brother back. Just then, Sadie and Jordan walked into the room.

"Sky, I know you're telling the truth. I saw them. Jordan and Sadie. But I can sense that he isn't your true mate. I just know it; I can feel it. He is still out there somewhere, so don't give up. I love you, sis." Easton said, and he kissed my forehead.

"I love you to East and thank you again for being my little brother." I said, and I hugged him.

"Just the-wolf I was looking for, Nova I am sorry, but I need a strong mate and you're not it. Sadie is strong, and she is my girlfriend and my chosen mate. So, I Future Beta of Red Eclipse reject you, Nova Daniels." He laughed. He thought I would feel more pain. I stood up tall and smirked at him.

"I, Nova Daniels, accept your rejection." I said, as he collapsed with pain in his chest.

"What the hell? Don't you feel any pain at all?" He asked me.

"Nope. I felt it all when you were fucking and marking your whore." I said.

"ENOUGH! " my father yelled.

"Nova, you have done enough." My father said.

"Me, what did I do? It's his fault I can't shift. Plus, it's not like I was his true mate. Because the sparks would have been more powerful." I said to my father.

"Now, Nova stops with the games, and this is your fault. After much thought, I know what I am going to do. You have one hour to pack and get out of my pack lands. I Alpha Knox Daniels of the Red Eclipse Pack here by Banish you Nova Sky Daniels, if you shall return uninvited you will be punished." He said everyone was shocked and scared. Sadie and Jordan laughed.

"You will never be my Alpha again Knox, I hate you," Nova said, then she ran to her bedroom and grabbed all of her suitcases and packed her clothes. Took a few family photos that she wanted, the jewelry that she got from her mother, and what she received from her from her grandmother. She packed all her bathroom necessities, grabbed shoes, and a jacket. That she thought she would need. She had little clothes that actually fit because she lost a lot of weight this year.

I Walked out of the door of the pack out and went to her Jeep and she saw her mom putting stuff in the back seat of her jeep. After she put her things into her jeep, she hugged her mother.

"I am so sorry, Nova. I tried to get him to stop. But you're right, Jordan isn't your true mate. He is out there, and fate will lead you to him when the time is right." She said.

"I know mother, it's ok, it's not your fault. I know you believed me. Even though Jordan admitted it, my father still didn't believe me. That hurts the most. I left a note on my desk for you and dad in my bedroom. Please read it together. I love you, mother." I told her.

"I love you too, Nova. There is a working cell phone in the glove box, there is a lockbox with money in it as well. So, if you need to stay at a hotel or have food to eat. I also put pillows and blankets. Warm jacket, boots, gloves, hat etc. in there too. I want you prepared. I love you, baby girl. Be safe. Call me and let me know when you get wherever you end up going." She said before she hugged be again.

"Of course I will, mom." I told her before I got into my jeep and then drove away. As I was driving, I cried. This was hard to do.