Sweet child

POV: Daryl tells you him and Carol are adopting you.

Y/N was sitting by the fire, lost in thought, when Daryl approached her. She looked up, surprised to see him standing there, a small smile on his face.

"Hey," he said, his voice soft. "Can we talk for a minute?"

Y/N nodded, feeling a sense of curiosity and anticipation building in her chest. She had grown to trust and respect Daryl over the past few months, and she knew that he was someone she could talk to about anything.

Daryl took a deep breath, his eyes fixed on hers. "Y/N he said, his voice steady. "Carol and I have been talking, and we've decided that we want to adopt you as our daughter."

Y/N was shocked. She had never even considered the idea of being adopted, and the thought of having a family again was almost too much to bear.

But then Daryl spoke again, his voice gentle and reassuring. "We know it's a big decision, and we don't want you to feel like you have to say yes right away. But we want you to know that we love you, and we want you to be a part of our family."

She felt tears welling up in her eyes, and she struggled to find the words to express how she was feeling. But then Daryl reached out and took her hand, his grip strong and steady.

"We're not asking for anything in return," he said. "We just want you to know that you have a home with us, and that we'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Y/N felt a sense of warmth spread through her body, and she knew that she had found something she had been missing for a long time. She looked up at Daryl, her eyes shining with tears.

"I would love that," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Daryl smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Alight then," he said. "Now let's go tell Carol the good news."