Unbreakable bond

POV: Daryl calls you his daughter.

Daryl watched as Y/N sat by the fire, her eyes fixed on the flames. She looked lost and alone, and it broke his heart seeing a reflection of himself. "Hey" he said sitting down beside her, "you ok?"

Y/N shrugged, her eyes still on the fire, "I don't feel... I don't know, like I don't belong anywhere." she whispered not daring to look into his eyes just yet.

Daryl put his arm around her, pulling her close. "You belong with us, You're my daughter remember?"

"Y/N looked up at him, her eyes wide. "What?" her voice barely above a whisper.

Daryl smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "You heard me, you're my daughter" he said. "I may not have been there for you when you were growing up nor did I take you to your first basketball game, or told you no boys but I can be a father to you now." he finished looking down at the teen.

Y/N smiled, tears streaming down her face. "Thank you, thank you so much" her voice chocked with emotion.

Daryl wiped her tears bringing her in for a tight hug, his heart full of love for this girl who had become family. He would die for her and he was willing to show it, protect her till the end of time just to see her smile.