Taming the fire

POV: You have to calm Daryl down.

Y/N could see the anger in Daryl's eyes, the way his fist clenched at his sides. She knew that he was on the verge of losing his shit, of lashing out at the man named Steve who was standing in front of him.

She walked towards them, "Daryl, calm down" she whispered coming to a stop next to him, "Breathe, he's not worth it" her voice soft but firm as she took hold of his arm, feeling him shaking with anger.

Daryl shook his head, his eyes still blazing. "He needs to learn some respect," he growled. "He can't just go around talking to people like that." he grounded out.

"I know" Y/N nodded, "but you cant let this scumbag get to you nor can you punch him even though he deserves it."

Daryl took a deep breathe, his fists slowly unclenching. He looked down at Y/N, his eyes softening. "You're right" he sighed. "I shouldn't let this stupid moron get the me."

Y/N smiled, feeling glad that this didn't turn violent, she definitely knew Daryl had a temper but she also knew that he was capable of controlling himself with a little help.

"Come on," she said taking his hand in hers, "let's get out of here, we can go for a walk or something" she suggested turning him away.

As they left Y/N turned around facing the smirking dickhead stood there and slowly drew her finger across her throat with a grin plastered on her face, and watched in satisfaction as the man gulped.

As they walked, Y/N could feel the tension slowly melting away from Daryl's body, "thanks for helping me out back there," he said. "Anytime" Y/N answered with a smile "anything for a friend."

Daryl nodded, his eyes meeting hers and then their hands. "Yea" he said, "friends" he smirk. They continued walking, their steps light and carefree.