Daryl to the rescue

POV: Daryl yells at Shane for making you upset.

Y/N had her limits and when Shane decided to push her buttons, she knew that she had to stand up for herself. Even when she tried to defend herself when Shane started yelling he just continued to push, his words cutting deeper and deeper.

Daryl had heard the yelling from inside the house and as he made his way outside he could see the two In front of the barn, his eyes narrowed with anger.

He had always been protective of Y/N, seeing her as a kindred spirit in a world full of darkness, today wasn't any different. When Daryl got closer he saw Shane making her upset now knowing he had to step in.

"Hey!" he yelled, his voice echoing around the three of them, "back off Shane before I make you" he growled.

Shane turned to face him, his eyes narrowing. "what's it to you?" he spat, "she can handle herself like a big girl."

Daryl took a step forward, his fists clenched. "I don't care if she can or cant, she shouldn't have to, and you need to back off or you're going to have to deal with me" his voice low and dangerous.

Shane glared at him and then at Y/N, his face twisted in anger, but even as he opened his mouth to say something else, he seemed to think better of it. With a sneer he turned and walked away towards the front gate.

Daryl walked over to Y/N with kind eyes "I've always got your back" he whispered as he rubbed her shoulders, Y/N smiled up at him grateful to have him around.