The perfect shot

POV: Daryl shoots a walker.

Daryl and Y/N were walking through the woods, scanning the area for any signs of danger. They had been on edge ever since they stumbled upon a large herd of walkers not to long ago.

Suddenly, Daryl spotted movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned to see a lone walker stumbling towards them, It's rooting arms outstretched. Without hesitation, Daryl raised his crossbow and took aim. He held his breathe, waiting for the perfect shot.

The walker was getting closer by the second but because there was a small hill in front of them he couldn't get a clear shot, It's moans growing louder. Y/n looked up form killing her own, her eyes wide.

But before the walker could get any closer, Daryl let out a sharp breathe and pulled the trigger. The bolt flew through the air and barley missed a tree, before striking the walker between the eyes. They watched as it tumbled down the hill.

Y/N let out a sigh, "perfect shot" she smiled as they watched the ugly creature come to a stop with a gross splat.

"Thanks, didn't think it would hit it" he chuckled, whilst giving Y/N a once over for any injuries. And with that they continued on their way, making sure they watched each other's back every step of the way.