Lost and found

POV: Daryl searches for you in a horde.

Daryl searched frantically through the crowd of walkers, his heart pounding inside his chest. He knew that Y/N was in there somewhere, but he couldn't spot her light brown locks. He could hear her voice though, calling out for him. Which sent a chill down his spine.

"Daryl over here!"

He turned, eyes scanning the crowd of dead looking for the only person he ever loved. And then he saw her, her face pale and scared, but her eyes bright with hope.

"Y/N!" he shouted, pushing his way through whilst pulling out his hunter's knife, cutting down everything he came in contact with.

She was surrounded, a small group closing in on her. Daryl now raised his crossbow, taking aim. He fired, the bolt piercing the skull of one of the walkers. He fired again, and again, taking out the walkers one by one with determination.

Finally, he reached Y/N, grabbing her hand and pulling her away from the remaining walkers. They ran, their hearts pounding, their breathes coming in ragged gasps.

For a moment the two locked eyes and it seemed like the world had stopped, Daryl froze and placed a kiss on her head, "we have to keep moving, they'll catch up eventually" he spoke softly, seeing Y/N tear up.

They kept running, their steps light and quick. Daryl kept his crossbow at the ready, scanning for any lone walkers.

Finally, they reached safety, collapsing onto the ground in exhaustion. Daryl looked at Y/N, his eyes soft.

"You, ok?" he asked watching her. Y/N nodded, a small smile on her lips "thanks to you."

Daryl smiled, his heart swelling with pride. "I'd do anything for you babe," he took her hand in his as they sat in silence, thankful to be alive for yet another day.