Hunting

POV: Daryl takes you hunting.

Y/N had always been curious about hunting, never having the chance to try it before the world went to shit and when Daryl offered to take her out into the woods, she jumped at the chance.

As they walked through the dense forest, Daryl showed her how to track animals, how to stay quiet and how to shoot her own crossbow. Y/N listened intently, her eyes bright with excitement.

When they finally came across a deer in the distance, Daryl motioned for Y/N to get into position. She took a deep breath, her hands shaking with nerves not wanting to miss. Y/N raised her crossbow aiming carefully.

The deer was fast, darting through the trees, Y/N tried to follow it like Daryl had taught her but she just couldn't keep up. She felt she was failing him, not being able to do this.

Daryl placed a hand on her shoulder, his touch reassuring, "it's ok, it takes time to get the hang of it" he said.

Y/N nodded knowing she had a lot to still learn and was willing to put the effort in to make him proud, and she wasn't going to give up.

As they walked back to camp, Y/N felt blessed to have been taken out by Daryl, he showed her something new and showed her a different side to him. She was happy to have a friend like Daryl.