a new promise.30

A-yoong nuzzled against my hand. i heard Fu Yao yelling something. i looked up and saw him jump down. A-yoong stood beside me. Kiyoshi still hasn't been noticed yet. he let go and hid behind Kohana while Fu Yao landed. she nudged her head against mine. she must have become a ghost.

"i waited so long for you to comeback." fu yao said while dusting himself off. i noticed everyone was glancing to me and A-yoong. "what's going on?"

"weren't you watching the caravan?" brother asked still glancing to me while Honger gave a smirk like he just saw his sister off with someone he approved of. "and uh, aside from an old friend of Snow lotus' showing up, we found more information."

fu yao looked to me and froze for a moment. do they really not recognize me as a general?

"i drew them an array and had them stay in it." he said hesitantly while looking at me and my love who was hiding her flame face in my hair. fire wont hurt me, apart of my ability i guess. "so the other two? who's who?"

he asked after looking at Ban Yue and Kemo. Kemo was shaking her by the collar and shouting at her. i was about to rush to her when A-yoong stopped me with her hand across my body on my waist. I looked at her. and her real eyes sparkled. the dark crimson eyes i remember, were boring into my winter blue ones. she spoke low, and made my heart shudder.

"let me handle it A-mei." oh how i have missed that voice! banging ca,e from Kemo who is hurting Ban Yue! A-yoong rushed to his and clawed him. he stumbled back letting go of Ban Yue and A-yoong threw him against a wall. she lifted ban Yue and brought her over. i knelled beside Ban Yue who was now sitting in the dirt and cleaned her up. flower sword came closer to ask some thing when she called him a name i heard a few times when i was in Banyue.

"general Hua?" i looked to my brother and became livid.

"flower sword." i said with vary little emotion aside from restrained aggravation. "were you in Banyue a little over two hundred years ago in the army?"

brother gave a face and began to explain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so he had to play dead and he ended up back in yong'an. i explained that i went back after some years of Ban Yue's disappearance and i ended up meeting Ban Yue and her Yong'an friend.

"so the both of you were here at the same time and didn't know?" Kohana asked baffled. Kiyoshi hid, and Kemo was detained and trying to get out of the heavenly restraints. i felt something off going on.

"unfortunately, otherwise things might not have been so hard for us both." brother answered.

"you don't say?" i asked with a sassy voice. brother was surprised by my tone. then Fu Yao began interrogating her.

"you opened the gates, why?" he stepped forward, only to be blocked by A-yoong. i stood and helped Ban Yue up. she refused to answer. "were you alone? no accomplice?"

she shook her head and shut her eyes.

"speak."

"she's not a dog Fu Yao." i said in a generals tone again. he was taken aback. "Ban Yue, does this have to do with what happened the day my brother was trampled?"

"yes, and no." she said as she didn't make eye contact with anyone. i thought for a moment, then i remembered something.

"the Yong'an boy, he said that it would be the best way to stop everyone's suffering. right?" i asked. she looked up fast like a shot. pleading dark eyes met my blue ones. "it was him."

"he isn't a bad person." she said while the others, aside from Honger, looked puzzled.

"i know, you said he has helped you many times in the past." i said as she stood behind us.