seperated.20

mother held me up, an almost perfect view of the window. There were two people running, like how I've seen my mother and uncle Xie run. They're probably trained Daoist'. Mother has never mentioned other daoists, so I would think she has a grudge against certain daoists from her past. mothers hold on to me tightly. I looked up at her, and the look she gave wasn't one of disdain or fright. If I had to guess, she knows the woman who looked towards us. Leaning my head against her chest, a shuddered heartbeat was going off, but it was scattered and unsteady. mother isn't normally so sporadic in her heartbeat. She fled through the door, holding me almost impossibly close to her chest. She slid the mask with blue markings over her face and covered my face with her sleeve to block out the sand. Just past her sleeve with a blue line near the edge and swirling winter white hair, Uncle Xie and the others were trailing behind him. The longer she ran, the less of the building could be seen. mother knows something about the person who looked at us. Are they the reason the mother gives a disgusted look when Daoist cultivation is mentioned? Why does she act the way she does around those heavenly officials that she mentioned in her sleep? Why does she hold such a deep grudge against those who are worshipped? mother slid to a stop. I looked up the best I could manage and looked past her hair and mask. Her eyes were darting across the scenery. Those cultivators must have found a place to hide from the storm.

"We lost them." I heard her whisper.  She looked like she was close to locating a cure for some incurable disease. "The weather's getting worse, and there's more sand being tossed around. Fruit sword! We need to get to shelter!"

mother looked back. The others were nowhere to be seen. They were just there since I was looking back the entire time Mother was running. The ghost man wasn't nearby either.  That's weird; he's defensive around his mother and uncle Xie too. The fact that neither of them were near wasn't a good sign. The ghost man isn't nearly as scary as the stories he's described. He's actually kind of kind; though he's not very approachable, he let me play with the silver butterflies. mother seems to trust him, not aunt Yoko Kohana, though. The way he acts before Uncle is like he's always acting as friendly as possible. He must be doing all he can to keep Uncle close and wanting to be around him. through the sand, dark and hurtful. Through her bright white hair, shiny like fresh now, the first person I saw was Uncle Xie, rushing behind while trying to cover his face with the bamboo hat. A smile grew on my scared and withered face. Uncle and mother are extraordinarily similar in appearance. similar pretty eyes, just different iris colours and lashes. similar elegant faces in shape. and similar fair jade skin. If someone were to look at just a drawing of them, one would think they were the exact same, or parent and child.

"Uncle Xie!" I cheered. mother looked back. I could feel the cold air against my head amongst the warm breeze and sand. She must have let out a sigh of relief.  Mother has been acting defensively towards both Uncle Untie, Ghost Man, and me. Mother doesn't say much about what happened that would cause this protective instinct to be active almost constantly. At first, I though it was because she hates seeing people hurt; maybe it was more than that.

"Snow lotus!" Uncle called as he made his way to us. He was having difficulty with sand blasting in his face, making it difficult to talk without a mouthful of sand. "where did-"

"lost them." mother sad, turning to him completely. Everyone else was still nowhere to be seen looking past Uncle. All that I could see was just sand and dark areas around us.  With every sound of the howling wind, the feeling of something odd happening continued to build. The rest began to appear in the sand storm; the sand isn't too pleasant, in all honesty.

"Where's the man in red?" I asked as both my mother and uncle looked back to see if he was still missing.

"Honger?" her mother called out, worry filling her voice.

"San Lang?!" They were both frantically searching the land to find the man in red.