future with her.13

We arrived back at the temple, and we woke the man before heading inside. brother asked him not to mention a word to anyone. I hadn't realized this until after we headed inside to unpack that my mask was still over my face.

sliding back to its proper place, I noticed Kiyoshi and Kohana were asleep. They set some mats down, but I shifted one over them both. The night air won't do anything to me; its like adding more to my power level.

Kiyoshi may have only been my son for a day, but he is becoming my whole world. I will protect my baby, even if I have to risk everything. What was going to be heart-shattering would be when I had the usual nightmare.

Any and every time a reminder of mother and father pops up, I will either see their cold, deceased faces or the stupid mask! Laying next to the kitchen wall, I felt this aching feeling, as if something dangerous was still lurking, trying to find my brother.

As my vision faded away with shadows surrounding me, the screams from that day echoed in my ears. each growing louder as the mask grew closer. I could feel fear radiating from my heart. Then, something, someone, flared him out of sight with an all-too-familiar flame.

"Amei, my Amei." the voice, softer than silk; her words, sweater than honey. "I am here, my beloved. sing, sing for me."

*the song i used

*

"I'm the queen of the cold, and you'll learn to bow to me." I began, the frost forming a sword that slashed the white calamity. "Because the strong rule a world where the weak aren't built to breathe."

"And are you blind or what?" I sang with a familiar set of arms wrapped around me. holding me securely with a steady, giddy heartbeat. "Look at all I've got and love me, ooh! I've seen your strength."

"Pretty girl, pretty girl. You'll be with me; you don't get a choice. Get a choice." Their skin brushed against my hands; they were cold. but they felt an undetectable warmth. "We'll have everything; we'll have everything. We'll have everything! We'll have everything! Or go be a shadow; I'll show you everything that I am."

"If we have to be this, know that even through war, I'll reach for your hand." A feeling of safety filled my heart; I wasn't scared of anything anymore. "Armies kneel when I blink; no resistance stacks to this. Hey, it takes less than you'd think to make a dog out of a prince."

"And I know what I want. Don't think I will stop until it's won, ooh!" Everything felt so much easier; I remembered this was a dream. Someone from my past reached through to help me; Xie Lian, Yoko Kohana, Hung-er, and Kiyoshi were next to me in the temple. I was safe. "I've seen your strength. Pretty girl, pretty girl. You'll be with me; you don't get a choice. Get a choice."

"We'll have everything; we'll have everything. We'll have everything. We'll have everything. Or go be a shadow; I'll show you everything that I am If we have to be this, know that even through war, I'll reach for your hand." I felt myself begin to wake, desperately trying to grasp my love's hands, unable to keep hold. "We'll have everything; we'll have everything. We'll have everything. We'll have everything. Or go be a shadow; I'll show you everything that I am. If we have to be this, know that even through war, I'll reach for your hand. Through war, through war."

"My Amei, we'll meet again." My love spoke, and a heartbreaking crackle in her voice showed how much she wanted to stay. "Just meet in the city. I'll find you!"

"Ayoong!" I called as I slowly opened my eyes. What was going on before me was Kiyoshi sitting beside me as Kohana seemed to be guarding me. brother and Hun-er were sitting near an old man.