the pit, and hand holding.27

brother tried contacting someone through a communication array. i remembered a citizen of new Xianle had ascended roughly a month after i... left New Xianle. i hope he hasn't changed his password.

'change starts in the heart, results come form the mind.' i recalled in my mind. nothing happened. maybe one of the marked can help. i placed two fingers on an angled side of my neck. my eyes shifted to a dark Amethyst purple as i attempted to find one of the kids i placed a protection mark on.

'Han Ying?' i asked in my mind. nothing. why-

"can any of you use the communication array?" i asked turning to the boys.

"no." flower sword said as he took his hand away from his temple. Nan Feng tried to use the array, but took his hand away after blinking.

"i can't enter." Fu Yao was the last one, only to end with a distraught expression.

"no connection." i knew the girls must have tried. they all looked hopeless. "i can't enter either."

"something isn't right." i said as i held Kiyoshi close. i wanted to keep him safe and keep him from danger, but the dangers are too close to him.

"there is a lot of resentful energy in this area, there isn a high chance it is what is blocking the array." snake said as she and the rest of the girls gathered.

"then-" Mu Yoong Yoong almost gave a responce when a snake with a scorpion tail leaped from the boys back towards Honger! flower sword thankfully grabbed the snake by it's heart. before he could grab it's tail, it wrapped around his wrist and stung his hand!

"Brother!" i shrieked as i shot up. he threw the snake to the ground. his sleeve his the sting, but not before Honger and i saw it.

"stay on guard, there may be more of them." brother said to the caravan while Honger snatched wis wrist and looked at the wound. "San Lang?"

"tie it off with Ruye." i told him before i swept across the sand with ease like a spirit, scaring the merchants. Feng Ling created an orb of fire to disinfect the blade. i cut an x over the sting, Honger held my brothers hand.

"san Lang, don't." brother said as Honger held up his hand. "you could poison-"

Honger began to suck out the blood that had been tainted with venom. brother gave a short gasp that went unnoticed. flower sword  covered his mouth with the back of his hand. i smirked while the deputy gods and the girls looked a little confused.

"the snake might not have bit him, that was really reckless." Fu Yao asked while Nan Feng looked away.

"it doesn't hurt and it wont kill me so don't worry." brother said as a blush covered his ears and tapped his cheeks.

"you sure?" i asked. Honger stopped sucking out the venom and spitting the venom out. after i asked, i noticed Honger lick away some blood on his upper lip.

"I'm sure snow lotus. i can't feel it anymore." he said. the snake on the ground began to wiggle. i snapped my eyes to Honger, who saw my signal. with a bloodied spatter, the snake was exploded. Honger glared towards what remains of the snake. i walked to him, and patted his shoulder. it's not his fault. Honger turned and pointed the blade with his index finger on the side of the blade.

"... San Lang?" brother asked. i looked to the "guide"  and understood what he was doing.

"you, take us to Banyue right away for an antidote." he looked to Fu Yao and pointed the blade at him the same way. "and you, stay here and watch the caravan."