rude men, and the ghost bridegroom.6

Brother stood beside me, and the little boy clung to my shirt with a sharp strike of fear radiating off of him. holding him tight against my chest, I was ready to yank out my sword and strike the threat.  Miss Yoko's sent was near; she must have a bad feeling of something nearby.

"keep searching!" A man began to yell as the boy clung to my shoulders as tight as he could, holding him with one arm, supporting him from the knee up, while I patted his back to comfort the young one. "We'll capture it! Just keep thinking of the bounty!"

Turning to the left just enough to hide the frightened youth's face, I was ready to take my blade and cause what scares him damage. A group of men came rushing out of the undergrowth and bushes, guarding trees forming the forest and hiding the temple Xie Lian and I stood next to. The men were ushering towards us, and in the corner of my eye, in the forest, I could see Yoko Kohana hiding in the trees.

"Don't worry, madam, we're here to save you and your friend." The man leading stopped the group when they came about a meter and a half to us. "We won't let the ghost groom hurt you again."

Giving my brother a side glance, I could already tell what he was thinking. These men must have been those who were harassing that poor girl. The man leading the group looked to the boy I held close in my arms. backing away and stiffening my grip on the blade hilt at my side, the man stopped getting closer. The rest of the men attempted to get closer to the temple; curiosity was clearly overwhelming these men.

"You should stay away." Xie Lian said it with a bitter voice. A smirk crossed my face. The men before my brother and I were in complete shock. I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid they were acting. Out of nowhere, a snap of dark energy blasted behind the men. startling them out of their minds, before the Kitsune shadow landed beside me. Turning my head and wiping my winter locks out of the way, Yoko Kohana stood strong and ready for a fight as always.

"You're?! a man?!" The leader roared as Kohana gave a thin smirk before she turned to the boy in my arms, and the youth began to shudder. On instinct, wrapping around him to form a protective shell, I rubbed his back while leaning my head against his. The men began talking again, and my attention was focused on the three manna sources. Two of them I recognize are the deputy gods from before, but one I can't recognize must be the groom.