to the officials... UGH!9

I was shaken both in my mental vision and in my body. My eyes shot open with a swarming frost across the ground and nearby trees. blinking with gasps of air, frozen sweat, and tears clinging to my face. Akiyoshi looked at me with a worried expression; the sparkle of a child remained easily spotted. Taking a deep breath, I lifted him with my body before heading off to find my brother. After a matter of minutes, Xie Lian was shaking in slight movements as Nan 'Feng' and 'Fu Yao' began to ask him about something.

"Brother..." I asked, he looked at me in a panic. "I saw... in a dream just now... how is there a member of Xianle this far from its remains?"

"I don't know..." Xie Lian still looked uneasy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heading up to the heavenly court is an experience I despised, almost as much as the memories that plague my mind. This trip, however, is much more enjoyable with my brother by my side. Officials glanced at my brother and me twice, insuring their eyes weren't playing tricks on them. all while a warm feeling could be felt on my neck. They weren't in shock or confusion, but rather relief and long-awaited love. glancing around, only officials and a blur of magenta and soft blue sped away.

The feeling remained even after shaking away the suspicion; the feeling wasn't of a dark aura but rather of a set of long-since-seen eyes. My thoughts lingered as we continued to talk to some unwelcoming company. The longer I waited for their acknowledgement as I followed Xie Lian through the array, the more aggravated I became. Before long, Xuan Zhen began to rant about how his brother went on with attempting to make a living in the human realm as I arrived.

"That's rich coming from you." I spat, and the entire array shuttered into silence. Even Ling Wen had no idea I had accompanied my brother. All attention was focused on me; the same eyes from before were watching me. Xuan Zhen clearly wasn't expecting to see me; his face turned white as jade. Nan Yang shared the same expression. "Now, can we get back to our topic at hand? the forest of hanging corpses? or should I continue to witness this backstabber insult my older brother?"

No one spoke. A smirk grew across my face, and a silent giggle could be heard. This giggle sounds familiar; the others, including my brother, looked confused and nearly panicked that a stranger unfamiliar to them all broke through the array and the barrier between the mortal realm, the heavenly realm, and possibly the ghost real too.

"ugh! Will no one say anything?" I shouted, annoyed and fed up after a good three minutes of silence.

"The forest of hanging corpses—what's its meaning exactly?" Brother spoke in his gentle voice; at least he is willing to talk to me freely!

"They are an offering to ou-" I cut myself off before rewording my sentence, "to Qi Rong. The green calamity, whose other name is Night Touring Green Lantern, is morbid. Ask anyone, including the ghosts. There are three others: the black water-sealing ships that heaven doesn't have a lot on but keeps to himself. the white-clothed calamity, also known as Bai Wuxiang."

I gritted the final name through my teeth. Just saying his title makes me want to throw a mountain, especially after destroying our home and tearing apart the kingdom we were going to rule and protect together! My brother had the same expression as I do: deep hatred towards the being. He may be renowned as dead by heaven, but they are never 100% on anything when it comes to anything connected to brother and me.

"He has been 'dead' for years, but I still doubt he will remain that way." I folded my arms as my brother looked at me in concern. "Regardless of the fourth calamity, you should know. the person you met on mount Yu Jun. The crimson rain sought flower, or Hua Cheng." gasps echoed. Their reaction only made my smirk splash across my face again.